mtbr member
    May 2004

RP2 or RP23 on Rush frame?

Whats the difference in these two in performance on a Rush frame?

Ground Pounder
    It's all about the ability to adjust Propedal (PP). The RP23 has three PP positions that allow tuning between light, mid and high damping. The RP2 does not; it'll probably be internally set to the high damping setting which is only tuneable by aftermarket means. What they both have is the ability to turn PP off and on while riding. I think that's where the value really is.

The adjustability of the RP23 is nice, but if my bike came with a RP2 I would stick with it. Mine came with the FloatR, which is nice, but with all the braking bumps I ride I wanted the ability to kill the PP (more comfort) for extended descents and engage it on climbs (more efficient - less bob). It's instantly noticeable. I bought the RP23 because the RP2 isn't available in the aftermarket.

Take a look at Fox's website. That'll help you make the decision as well.
    My bicycle gets more dirt than your 4x4.

mtbr member
    they are virtually the same shock. the rp23 has low, medium and high pro-pedal. the rp2 has medium only. they both have the ability to turn pro-pedal off and both have the ability to adjust rebound.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    definitly rp23 much more efficient on the flat and uphill just flick the switch downhill and go

mtbr member
    Mar 2007

Fox RP or DT Swiss Carbon

Just curious - anybody tried DT Swiss Carbon shock on Rush?

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    I have an RP2 on my 07 Rush 4. I hardly ever use the propedal because I forget to turn it off on the downhills. In any case, it works fine and I wouldn't spend the money to upgrade to an RP23.

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by squads
    I have an RP2 on my 07 Rush 4. I hardly ever use the propedal because I forget to turn it off on the downhills. In any case, it works fine and I wouldn't spend the money to upgrade to an RP23.
    Agreed, I have the RP2 on my 08 Rush 5z, I don't flick the switch often, usually just messing around feeling out the suspension on different terrain.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Vlad01
    Just curious - anybody tried DT Swiss Carbon shock on Rush?
    I dont think DT Swiss makes a shock that has the same i2i and stroke.

Members who have read this thread: 0