mtbr member

Rize 5 pics if anyone is interested

Turns out the Brighton Evans is a lot more cooperative than the HQ, so I asked if they had a Rize and they said they had the 5 boxed and offered to whip it together so I could take a look so here it is, sorry about the blurry ones.

Damn nice bike but their isnít any kit I would keep apart from the tires and maybe the cranks for a while.

LA CH»VRE
    Nice but... no Lefty...

DAN.GEROUS.NET : MOUNTAIN BIKING : CYCLOCROSS : ROAD :

mtbr member
    This is for the value hunters not us elitists with Leftyís or rather Foxís for me, £1299 is a great price for a bike and a pile of kit, itís not even a dreadful frame price.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    It's looks like they are still using that FSA 2081 (boat achor, 308 gr) for handle bars too. At least they have a phyical bike availible.

My Easton Monkeylite XC came in at 165 gr and I only paid $110 for them. Better than the $1 gr weight savings and the ride has a much smoother feel.
    Lead by my Lefty............... right down the trail, no brakes.

Stewed Screwed & Tattooed
    Feb 2004
    Looks good. The white adds a certain class....

To quote Anchorman: "You stay classy, Cannondale. I'm Ron Burgundy?"

mtbr member
    These are the best pictures of the aluminium frame that I have seen so far and the frame really looks good. Thank you for posting. The only thing I never really liked is the double CD-writing.

What a shame that there is no Rize version with an aluminium frame in combination with a Lefty available in Europe like the US-Rize 3. The 'cheapest' EU-Rize with a Lefty is the Rize Carbon 2 which is listed in Germany for 5499 Euros (not USDs !!!) and although a discount is likely this is definitely too much. Apart from that I still would prefer an aluminium frame for a trail and all-mountain bike. One of the advantages of a Cannondale frame is the possibility to go with a stiff and durable Lefty. Without using this option a CD frame is at best just one among many superb frames available. I hope that CD will offer such an aluminium Rize/Lefty version in the EU in the future.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Hi,

Could you tell me please, what is the size of the bike on the pictures ? is it L ?

thanks

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jakk
    Hi,

Could you tell me please, what is the size of the bike on the pictures ? is it L ?

thanks
    Yes sir! And if as people are saying the geometry is similar to the Rush, a Large would fit me perfectly, Cannondale and Trek both seem to know what they are doing with sizing which is something I like.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Hotzemott
    These are the best pictures of the aluminium frame that I have seen so far and the frame really looks good. Thank you for posting. The only thing I never really liked is the double CD-writing.

What a shame that there is no Rize version with an aluminium frame in combination with a Lefty available in Europe like the US-Rize 3. The 'cheapest' EU-Rize with a Lefty is the Rize Carbon 2 which is listed in Germany for 5499 Euros (not USDs !!!) and although a discount is likely this is definitely too much. Apart from that I still would prefer an aluminium frame for a trail and all-mountain bike. One of the advantages of a Cannondale frame is the possibility to go with a stiff and durable Lefty. Without using this option a CD frame is at best just one among many superb frames available. I hope that CD will offer such an aluminium Rize/Lefty version in the EU in the future.
    Thats an insane price. I would have guessed with the super weak USD that the bikes would be relatively affordable.

mtbr member
    This is a new bike but the Prophet and Rush are getting pretty good value but they still cant beet Giant and Trek.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Go to their website to see the US version; lefty. Nice ride, the 1 is three grand higher than the 3. It's 3 pounds lighter, expensive pounds

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Go to their website to see the US version; lefty. Nice ride, the 1 is three grand higher than the 3. It's 3 pounds lighter, expensive pounds

Members who have read this thread: 1