mtbr member
    Jul 2005

Replacement Super V frame

I just moved overseas and my well loved Super V 1000 SL has been badly damaged due to the packers failing to protect the frame in transit. They actually dropped it into a large box with an old steel Raleigh - and nothing to prevent them rubbing together!!! Not such a big deal if I was moving 100 miles but it was USA to UK so lots of time to do damage to the SV frame including damaging the Fatty Ultra fork. The fork is not as bad as the frame but I certainly wouldnt buy in this condition.

Anyway does anyone know if I can get a replacement cost for the Super V frame and fork? I need to supply this to the insurers so that they can arrange a replacement or at least pay out. i.e. I would like to know if Cannondale or someone else has any stock of new or immaculate Super V frames out there??
    Thanks, TonyG.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Ohhh, you may be in good luck!!! I had an '01 Super V 500 that had just a tiny crack at the bottom of the left "seatstay" or brace or whatever you want to call it. I took it into my LBS and found that it was fully covered under the lifetime warranty and they gave me a BRAND NEW '06 Rush 3000 frameset with a Fox Float RP23 rear shock for absolutely free! I'd just take it into your nearest Cdale dealer and hopefully they will be helpful.

All Lefty's, all the time Moderator
    Hmmm, don't count on getting that lucky! Warranty will cover cracks and such, but no dice on mover damage. My suggestion would be nail them for as much as you can get $$$ wise, and go fish on ebay. There are alot of those out there, you may even find your same bike. They tend to get less than $600 too, so if you get a nice pay out, you could upgrade to a Lefty, or some such lovliness= Cannondale has none. Most shops won't either. Cannondale does offer "crash replacement" which nets you about 20% off retail on a new frame of your choice. Best of luck.
    This is a Pugs not some carbon wannabee pretzel wagon!!

- FrostyStruthers

www.mendoncyclesmith.com

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by MendonCycleSmith
    Hmmm, don't count on getting that lucky! Warranty will cover cracks and such, but no dice on mover damage. My suggestion would be nail them for as much as you can get $$$ wise, and go fish on ebay. There are alot of those out there, you may even find your same bike. They tend to get less than $600 too, so if you get a nice pay out, you could upgrade to a Lefty, or some such lovliness= Cannondale has none. Most shops won't either. Cannondale does offer "crash replacement" which nets you about 20% off retail on a new frame of your choice. Best of luck.
    It was pretty "no questions asked" when I took mine in, although you are right about the policy and it may depend on how cooperative the shop is. I was told about a week and a half after taking in the old frame that the Cdale rep, who happened to be in the shop at the time, had given the okay to replace it. I was given a choice of a Rush, Prophet, Gemini, or if I wanted to I could pay $350 more for a Scalpel. I'm a real wuss and not into FR or DH and getting hurt, so my only options were Rush or Scalpel, and since I now have to buy disc brakes and a new wheelset I opted for the Rush instead of paying for the Scalpel even though I really wanted one.

mtbr member

Smile

good deal, it's hard to beat cannondale for customer service. They really do stand behind their stuff.
    1996 F-200
    1997 F-700
    2000 F-2000
    2001 Jekyll 2000 SL Team Replica
    2007 Prophet 2

Members who have read this thread: 0