mtbr member
    Dec 2005

Putting a lefty on a....

Rush that didn't originally come with a lefty. Here is the story. I bought a Rush 400 with a manitou fork. I found the bike at the LBS, and as I don't care for the colors on any of the new Rush's, I decided to grab this bike and basically build my own bike up as I liked it. I got what I was told the last 110mm terralogic lefty c-dale had left. I dropped the original fork out tonight in anticipation of putting the lefty on. But it seems the headset cups are a different size. On the original fork they didn't use sealed bearings. But evern with the old races still in the headset cups, the new left bearings are gonna be too small. Has anyone attempted this before and can maybe give me some info? I'm gonna call my LBS tomorrow, but I like to be as prepared as possible. Thanks.
    AKA: Slowfatguy

LA CHÈVRE
    The old headset was a reducer headset for a conventional 1.125" fork. Significantly smaller than a Lefty steerer tube. You will need to take the old headset out of the frame (including the cups) in order to press in the Cannondale SI headset. Then, installing a Lefty is a piece of cake.

DAN.GEROUS.NET : MOUNTAIN BIKING : CYCLOCROSS : ROAD :

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    I figured it was something like that. Thanks.
    AKA: Slowfatguy

Members who have read this thread: 0