siv
    mtbr member

For Prophet: Swinger X3 better than regular Swinger SPV?

Looking at a Swinger X3 to replace my Swinger 3-Way for the "pro-pedal" lever. Does it perform as well as a Fox RP23 or will it feel the same as my 3-Way? Also, looking at this shock on e-bay. Two auctions list the eye-eye as 7.75 with one auction saying it came of a Prophet. The Prophet eye-eye is 7.875 so what gives? Will this (7.75) size work or is it a typo? Thanks.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    First the rant..................
    Anything with Hayes/Answer/Manatu or whatever they are called now can be a problem getting parts, like a seal kit. 2-3 month leadtime??????????? (That what I was quoted) Their parts Dept seems to be in total clusterfu_k. I has been a yr too. I called about this time last year and wanted to get spare shrader valve incase I stripped one. I was told two things "You have to go through a dealer" (OK, fair enough) The second, "I'm not sure where the parts even are or if we can get to them with the buy out"
    End of rant

I think that ebay made a typo. Email him about it. I dont think Answer makes a 7.75 version of their shocks. (you can also buy a RP23 ofr that asking price there)

I would lean towards the RP23 for the reason listed above. Shocks break or need rebuilds. So, even if the X3 is a little more adjustable than the RP23, the RP23 can be fixed. A broken X3 is no good at all.
    Lead by my Lefty............... right down the trail, no brakes.

Members who have read this thread: 0