mtbr member
    Aug 2012

Prophet Setup Help

Hello,

I recently purchased a 2005 (i think) prophet that is bone stock and I am having a few set up issues.

My first question is how do you guys adjust the front derailleur with out removing the swing arm? There is no room to get a screw driver in there.

My second question is about suspension set up. I followed the guide on the cannondale site, but the bike feels wrong. The front shock feels fine, but the rear is just way too soft. I weigh in at 232lbs so I pumped the shock up to 190psi. The sag looked great at just about 25%. On my ride last night I hit at most a 2 foot drop and bottomed out the rear shock so bad the oring came off. I landed just fine with both wheels at the same time and my weight centered so its not like I smashed down on the rear or anything. Is it safe to run the radium at 200-220 psi? Any one got any tips other than lose some weight? (working on it already)
    2009 Fuji Tahoe Pro 29er
    1982 Fuji Supreme
    200? Cannondale Prophet
    2011 Focus Mares AX3

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    It's been awhile since I had to adjust the FD screws. I seem to remember moving the shock into the FR setting or removing that shock bolt and moving the swing arm up and out of the way.

The Cannondale setup guide for the Prophet, for a 220lb rider 190psi for XC and 180psi for FR. I weigh about the same as you and felt that was too high. I run my Radium around 140-150 psi.

I've attached the tech docs for setup if you don't have them.

http://media.cannondale.com/media/Ma...p_guide_en.pdf
    Attached Files Attached Files
    '16 Cannondale Scalpel Carbon 2
    '15 Niner SIR 9 SS
    '14 Cannondale F29 Carbon 3

mtbr member
    Replace the shock with one from Push Industries.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    i replaced the rear with a fox RP23 in 2010, huge difference, i weight 225lbs fully kitted out.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    i replaced the rear with a fox RP23 in 2010, huge difference, i weight 225lbs fully kitted out.

Members who have read this thread: 0