mtbr member
    Oct 2004

Prophet brake-jack?

I posted this under General Discussion as well.

I read the Prophet 1000 review on www.feedthehabit.com and they mentioned "Noticeable brake-jack robs braking power". Has anyone else noticed brake jack on their Prophets? How bad is it?

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by k1dude

I read the Prophet 1000 review on www.feedthehabit.com and they mentioned "Noticeable brake-jack robs braking power". Has anyone else noticed brake jack on their Prophets? How bad is it?
    You may want to see this discussion: http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=91272 I seem to have it, but it looks as if I'm in the minority... hope this helps! I love it all the same

mtbr member
    Oct 2004

Thanks for the link to your thread.

It's something else I hadn't been aware of.

But my question has more to do with rear triangle brake-jack. I assume it's most likely due to the mono-pivot design. But I wanted to hear if it was minimal on the Prophet or if it is really bad. I know some mono-pivot designs seem to mitigate the problem pretty well. Is the Prophet one of the good or bad designs?

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    It's something else I hadn't been aware of.

But my question has more to do with rear triangle brake-jack. I assume it's most likely due to the mono-pivot design. But I wanted to hear if it was minimal on the Prophet or if it is really bad. I know some mono-pivot designs seem to mitigate the problem pretty well. Is the Prophet one of the good or bad designs?
    My Mistake! I misunderstood I've never encountered any problem with rear brake-jack, but I run my SPV at high pressure. Sorry for the misunderstanding!

jcw
    Ride your bicycle(s)!
    I haven't noticed any brake jack, which puts it ahead of most mono-pivot bikes I've ridden. I'd guess it has more to do with improper suspension set-up. I also run my SPV at the c-dale recommended settings.

"The question before the human race is, whether the God of nature shall govern the world by his own laws, or whether priests and kings shall rule by fictitious miracles."
    John Adams to Thomas Jefferson, 1815