mtbr member
    Oct 2006

Prophet 4000 rear shock question

Hi, I have the Manitou Swinger 3-Way Air and I also own both of the shock pumps.

After adding air to both the black and redspv air chambers, when I remove the pump I loose a bunch of air so I can't get enough air in the shock.

Any ideas?

thanks,

Jeff

LA CHÈVRE
    Can't get enough? As in the bike sags too much or you think the air leaked out? With a correct pump and valve, the air you hear when disconnecting comes from the pump and not the shock. Connecting the pump again is not a good way to check your pressure because when the two get together, some air from the shock go into the pump (simple physics). Those air chambers are not big so there can be serious pressure drop when you connect your pump. Pump your shock as to get correct sag, take off the pump and it should still have the same sag..

DAN.GEROUS.NET : MOUNTAIN BIKING : CYCLOCROSS : ROAD :

All Lefty's, all the time Moderator
    More than likely, this will help. Screw the pump on slowly, watching the gauge. As soon as pressure registers, turn it 1/2 rotation further, and fill. Now, with one large, single twist, unscrew past that point of pin contact. What happens is, the pump is screwed tillit's tight, and you have no idea when the pin release happens, so it sits there, not well sealed, but sorta pushing the pin, releasing air, and a little pssst, makes for a big drop in pressure. If it's not that, throw the bike away=
    This is a Pugs not some carbon wannabee pretzel wagon!!

- FrostyStruthers

www.mendoncyclesmith.com

LA CHÈVRE
    Quote Originally Posted by MendonCycleSmith
    ...If it's not that, throw the bike away=
    But please tell me where you'll throw it... you know, just so I can dispose of it properly.

DAN.GEROUS.NET : MOUNTAIN BIKING : CYCLOCROSS : ROAD :

Always Searching
    Quote Originally Posted by brownrecluse
    Hi, I have the Manitou Swinger 3-Way Air and I also own both of the shock pumps.

After adding air to both the black and redspv air chambers, when I remove the pump I loose a bunch of air so I can't get enough air in the shock.

Any ideas?

thanks,

Jeff
    See this thread............................................ ...

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=224796

Members who have read this thread: 0