mtbr member

price for a cannondale super v 1000 (1998)

Hello,

Long time looker..first time poster.... I'm looking to upgrade my current mountain bike from a late 90's cannondale super v 1000 XL to a 29r of some sort..probably just a hardtail as my riding style has slowed down over the years. I've looked on ebay and in the current classifieds but can find nothing regarding how much I should sell this bike for. Any ideas?? I paid a bit over 2k for the bike and it is in pretty good shape as for the past 5 years I have been mainly doing a lot of road riding. The Cannondale just feels too small compared to some of the 29rs I've tried.

Thanks!!

Cars Are Evil
    I'd guess $500. Technology has made some MAJOR advances since 1998.

IMHO you'd be better off keeping it as a loaner/backup bike.

mtbr member
    thats what I figured as well....but the only problem with the idea of keeping it as a spare is its so damn big to even lend out to anyone and I know that once I pick up a 29r I will NEVER EVER ride that formally sweet Cannondale ever again. Plus with the way things are going with the movement of all tall riders leaning toward 29rs that XL Cannondale will be worth less and less every day...I'll be looking to trade it in for a bag of used hockey pucks....

Cars Are Evil
    Good thing about the Super-V is the have great standover clearance.

And when your new bike's shock starts leaking, or the frame cracks, or whatever, you'll be glad you have a backup.

Members who have read this thread: 0