mtbr member
    Aug 2012

Possible Cannondale Newb. Input please

Hi all, I have been looking for a Full suspension bike for a while now. I currently ride a 2013 GF Trek Marlin 29er. So Cannondale is a new one for me. I have recently been offered what seems like a great deal on the following bike:

Brand new in the box 2010 Cannondale Moto 4
    All stock with the exception of whatever pedals I want. He will sell it to me for 2k... Is this a good deal for this bike? Ive read reviews but want to see what the forum says. I know it was a 3200 dollar bike new, and this bike is still new. Just a couple of years old.....so please shoot away and let me know what you guys think. Thanks a lot for hearing me out and lending a hand.

- Shawn

TXTony
    I have a Carbon Moto 3 and it is a heavy bike..mine is right at 35 pounds or so as it sits right now..this is after swapping the drive train to a x9 2x10..new wheels and a dropper seat post so I think I may have added some weight to it..I have to ride this bike totally different than my other bikes..nice slow methodical climbing..on the down stuff it handles well and tracks well..the rear end can get a little loose sometimes as there is a noticeable amount of flex in the rear end..not bad enough to make it a deal breaker..it handles the rough rocky stuff well and I have yet to have a pedal strike with it..the bb area seems to sit a little higher than my other bikes..it does give you a good work out if the trail has plenty of hills..but you can rip em going down

That said mine is in the shop right now for the front fork(Lyrik) it has never worked right from the day I got it..it has been rebuilt three times and finally Sram had the shop remove the fork and send it to them for either a factory rebuild or replacement..I am still waiting on the outcome of this issue..this is not a Cannondale issue but a Sram/Rockshox issue..when the fork is working right it seems like a great fork..I have not used a RS fork in a long time as my other bikes have Fox on them...the warranty period on this fork is almost over and i may replace it with a Fox fork instead of messing with it anymore..I am not going to slam Sram as things do go wrong with stuff and things break..but three times in a year and half kinda of leaves a dude guessing..

As far as Cannondale goes they seem like great bikes..the Moto was my first Cannondale and I have since bought another Cannondale for cross...all in all I enjoy my Moto..if wieght is not a issue it is a good bike..but there are other long travel bikes that are lighter stock..

As far as the price goes it seems pretty decent I would still try and see if you could get a little more knocked off of it as Cannondale no longer makes the Moto..

mtbr member
    And there's your answer
    and no, I am not missing the other half of my fork....

Members who have read this thread: 0