mtbr member
    Feb 2008

Planning to get an F6 Feminine for my Wife

Hi!
    I'm planning to get an F6 Feminine for my wife...she already tried it and felt comfy on it (she has almost never ridden a mountain bike).
    Any downsides I may be missing on this bike? If she really likes it and we start hitting the trails more often, I may consider upgrading the wheels and brakes to disc.

Thanks!

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    my wife has an 07 feminine 2 and loves it

brake upgreades to disc will reqiure new hubs laced up
    front for is ok
    other that that its a great bike. as long as she likes it thats what matters

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    A disc brake upgrade will be expensive, it's better to get a bike that comes with them from the factory. Your wife will be fine with V-brakes and the bike will be lighter. Unless you ride in muddy conditions I'd stay with V-brakes on her bike.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jiar577
    A disc brake upgrade will be expensive, it's better to get a bike that comes with them from the factory. Your wife will be fine with V-brakes and the bike will be lighter. Unless you ride in muddy conditions I'd stay with V-brakes on her bike.
    Yep - I looked briefly at getting disc brakes for my son's F6 for Xmas last year.
    Was not really a cost justified upgrade at all given that the V-brakes actually work fine.
    There are probably better things to spend a few hundred bucks on,(better derailleurs /shifters, seat maybe, etc)

Unless you're gonna get some really nice rims, brakes, etc and make it a rather expensive overhaul (which actually might not be a bad thing if you wanna spend bigger bucks), you're gonna likely end up with more of a "crossgrade" than "upgrade".
    '15 Cannondale Trigger 27.5 Carbon 2
    '05 Prophet 1000
    '09 F3
    '93 Delta V 700
    '08 F6 Lefty (son's)

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by andygua
    Hi!
    I'm planning to get an F6 Feminine for my wife...she already tried it and felt comfy on it (she has almost never ridden a mountain bike).
    Any downsides I may be missing on this bike? If she really likes it and we start hitting the trails more often, I may consider upgrading the wheels and brakes to disc.

Thanks!
    the only downside are the spec's (components) which are low end...

if it is something she is really looking to get into and commit to then you might consider a better build....

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Thanks guys for the suggestions...
    Having low end components as a downside is not much of an issue now since this will be the entry-bike...if she really likes it and we start hitting more challenging trails then I'll consider either an upgrade or a full bike replacement...

The good thing is that in your opinion this is a good starting bike right?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by andygua

The good thing is that in your opinion this is a good starting bike right?
    Yes!!!
    '15 Cannondale Trigger 27.5 Carbon 2
    '05 Prophet 1000
    '09 F3
    '93 Delta V 700
    '08 F6 Lefty (son's)

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    its a great starter bike if she likes to ride that bike thats the most important thing , its a great frame and can be upgraded as needed that were we're at now with my wifes

Members who have read this thread: 0