mtbr member
    Jan 2007

OMGWTFBBQ!!1! I mean, I got a Prophet.

FINALLY! Found something I really liked for a good price. So....I got it. It's actually the same as the first Cannondale I ever rode (demo truck last year), only different size. working on getting a build a now.

I got the cannondale Prophet 1 frame is the awesome raw hi-bright. This is the main thing I wanted, but it also came with the stock Lefty Max Carbon +Ti, SDG seatpost and seat, xt FD, and xc3 stem. I'm not really a fan of the Lefty SPV (too stiff, no small bump compliance whatsoever on the ones I've ridden), so I may very well be selling the lefty. Any ideas on good prices? I'll probably be finishing the bike out with x.9, juicy 7's, and either stylo or XT crank depending on price. wheelset will depend on fork. If I get rid of the lefty, it will be replaced with a Pike 454 air uturn. I'm sure some of you saw it on ebay, but here are the pics from the auction, I'll have it by week's end! Hooray, I have a reason to stay in this forum now!

03a5_1.JPG
    e3f6_1.JPG
    ee7e_1.JPG
    f8e3_1.JPG

This means no rize for me....but I'm not exactly crying. Prophet is tried and true, can't wait for it!

got the dhr...
    Yes!!! i was hoping you'd get a prophet!!! good job.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by crazylax42
    I'm not really a fan of the Lefty SPV (too stiff, no small bump compliance whatsoever on the ones I've ridden), so I may very well be selling the lefty. Any ideas on good prices?
    A good price on a carbon lefty should be oh $50..... If you sell it to me Nice frame btw.

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Also, since I'm getting this in used and I don't know how much it's been abused, what needs to be checked when I get it? I'll probably need lefty help later, but what about the pivot and bearings?

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    that doesn't look like an XC3 stem. Is there a different one from the picture being sent?

mad aussie
    Can't you change the SPV for a TPC+ damper? That might be another option if you already have a Lefty wheelset. Either way you cant go wrong, the raw aluminium always looks good.

Kevin

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    I'm pretty sure it's the basic xc3 headshok stem...not the SI stem/steerer one though. I don't have a wheelset yet, I'm waiting to see what I'm going to do about the fork. Is there even a market for these anymore? It will be a while a few weeks till I can get the rest of the build together, maybe I'll post it for sale and see if I get any bites.

mtbr member
    Great bike, glad you finally got it, now where has the spring gone from Boldison-Smith’s pen?

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Duncan1104
    A good price on a carbon lefty should be oh $50..... If you sell it to me Nice frame btw.
    I will go $80 and not penny more..............
    Lead by my Lefty............... right down the trail, no brakes.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    I'm pretty sure it's the basic xc3 headshok stem...not the SI stem/steerer one though. I don't have a wheelset yet, I'm waiting to see what I'm going to do about the fork. Is there even a market for these anymore? It will be a while a few weeks till I can get the rest of the build together, maybe I'll post it for sale and see if I get any bites.
    Yes, there is a market for the fork........
    Ok, you twisted my arm hard enough..$85

Killer of Chains
    Feb 2004
    I really should just break down and buy a Size L Brushed Aluminum Prophet.

The blue is cool in a badass way, but the raw is sweet looking.

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ziscwg
    I will go $80 and not penny more..............
    naw dude, he already said $50. I'm not a sucker, $50 gets it.

yeah right.
    but seriously? Even if you're not in the market, what would you expect it to sell for?

mnt bike laws of physics
    Quote Originally Posted by Flying Wombat
    Can't you change the SPV for a TPC+ damper? That might be another option if you already have a Lefty wheelset. Either way you cant go wrong, the raw aluminium always looks good.
    Kevin
    I changes my SPV to TPC. I think you would love it as much as I do.
    It would be much cheaper than buying a new fork and you would get to keep the Lefty Lighter and stiffer.

mtbr member
    May 2007

yeah right.
    but seriously? Even if you're not in the market, what would you expect it to sell for?
    If it's new, then $700 maybe. Used in good shape, probably $400-500.

mtbr member

yeah right.
    YES!!! I win! My shipping address is 123 Madison Avenue, San Francisco CA.....
    Just kidding I'd say at least try to get $600-$700.

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by yogiprophet
    I changes my SPV to TPC. I think you would love it as much as I do.
    It would be much cheaper than buying a new fork and you would get to keep the Lefty Lighter and stiffer.
    how much did it cost for the parts, did you do it yourself?

thanks for all the input everybody.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    how much did it cost for the parts, did you do it yourself?

thanks for all the input everybody.
    $115 for the TPC from MendonCycleSmith (last time I check back in Feb) It can be done yourself, but I have not done mine yet.

You might be able to sell your SPV to cover the cost of the TPC. Cannondale normally sells the SPV upgrade for like $300

Since I'm out of the running for buying the entire fork for $85, I gave you what I know.
    Last edited by ziscwg; 04-30-2008 at 12:18 PM.

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Ok, I've nearly talked myself into atleast keeping and trying the lefty. If I don't like it, maybe I'll pony up for a new TA '09 Revelation in the fall.

The lefty has the SPV(+) evolve, with a description of:

. 4-way adjustment: External rebound, SPV chamber pressure, SPV volume and internal spring preload. SPV Evolve for amazing small bump handling and pedal bob elimination.
    So I already know that I'm going to want small amount of platform and the best small-bump handling possible...what adjustments should I make, and what spring should I be looking for at 160lbs (fully geared up)? I'd like to not have to do the TPC conversion just yet. Also, should I just open it up and overhaul it since I'm not sure how much abuse its seen with the previous owner? I've seen wadester's thread...any more resources? I might even do the 650b for front a la yogi....

edit: also, is the info found in the '05 Lefty Max Manual Supplement (their tech section) the most accurate for my model? thanks

mnt bike laws of physics
    Ok, I've nearly talked myself into atleast keeping and trying the lefty. If I don't like it, maybe I'll pony up for a new TA '09 Revelation in the fall.

The lefty has the SPV(+) evolve, with a description of:

So I already know that I'm going to want small amount of platform and the best small-bump handling possible...what adjustments should I make, and what spring should I be looking for at 160lbs (fully geared up)? I'd like to not have to do the TPC conversion just yet. Also, should I just open it up and overhaul it since I'm not sure how much abuse its seen with the previous owner? I've seen wadester's thread...any more resources? I might even do the 650b for front a la yogi....

edit: also, is the info found in the '05 Lefty Max Manual Supplement (their tech section) the most accurate for my model? thanks
    Crazylax, The internals of your Lefty haven't changed so that manual would be accurate.

The TPC damping does not provide any platform, but for the front the only time it is gonna bob is when you get out of the saddle.
    I personally would rather just have a lockout for the front because I can turn it on and off for out-of-saddle efforts. Then the small bump performance is not comprimised by a platform.
    If you can spring for it, the way to go with the Prophet would be to get one of the new Leftys with a 650b wheel. The angles and BB height remain the same and you get a lightweight front end with the increased stability of the 650b/Neo-moto. Not a cheap option though.
    Personnaly, I am loving the 650b wheel on my 140Max. It is what the Prophet always wanted to be. Really the 130Max will mainly be a reduction in weight with a lockout which is very sweet. My new PBR will be shared between the Rush and the Prophet. Now, both having the 650b/neo-moto up front, they are the sweetest bikes I can imagine. I just love being able to switch stuff up for different riding experiences/trails.

You may love the SPV. Many do. I bought my Carbon 140 Max used, and the SPV never seemed to do what it was supposed to do. Mabey mine was not functioning properly. Give yours a try at least.

Have fun with your new ride.

Yogi

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    thanks for the input. I'm torn, so we'll see. Bike will be here today (wednesday), so I might start checking over the lefty...

mtbr member
    Jan 2007

I got it today, everything looks good, I'm just cleaning it up and everything. the only problem I've had is that the blue dial on the rear shock will not move/click. I'm guessing this is rebound. Could it just be stuck or do I need to just try harder? Bike is very nice, just the tiniest amount of play somewhere in the rear end...possibly the single pivot or maybe the shock hardware? i'm going to try and get new anyway since the heads are corroded. i think I'm going to go ahead and get new pivot bearings from enduroforkseals.com also. can't wait to build it up! The lefty is a ton smoother than any others I've felt, though the headset is a bit gravelly.

look at her shine!

mnt bike laws of physics
    Yes, the blue knob is rebound. Try a little harder to break it free.
    That is a very good damper when it's working. I had to send mine back to Manitou to fix a sticky SPV valve. When I got it back it was better than new. MTL, because the assembly is done on an assembly line fillled with uneducated assemblers.
    I really like having the option to adjust the platform on the rear and unlike the Fox, even at full damping it only affects the low speed compression. Big hits still absorb the bumps very nicely.

The play is not in the pivot. most likely in the shock bushings ... or the shock bolts aren't tight enough. Careful not to overtighten the pivot bolt. Even when the pivot bearings are crappy, the rear end still feels smooth from my experience.

Somebody took the time to really spec their Prophet to the max. It appears though they didn't properly maintain it.
    Time to do your first needle bearing reset...of many...

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    still toying with the idea of selling the lefty...would $600 be an outrageous price? I saw an '06 110 SL sell on ebay for like $660 today, but I guess there is a bigger market for them. Anyone think I'd be able to get $600 for it?

Cannondale Snob
    Keep the Lefty or you shall be banned!

Freak
    '06 Cannondale Rush 1000 4" travel 27lbs
    '04 Cannondale F600 SOBE -STOLEN!
    '96 Cannondale Uber-V 6" travel 30lbs

Members who have read this thread: 0