mtbr member
    Aug 2015

New question here. Old Canondale but no idea what model or how much it's worth

Topic says it all. It is probably 20 years old. Can anyone tell me what model is it or where to look on the bike itself and how much it might be worth? Thanks.

Old Canondale but no idea what model or how much it's worth-1.jpg
    Old Canondale but no idea what model or how much it's worth-2.jpg
    Old Canondale but no idea what model or how much it's worth-3.jpg

I like turtles
    Looks like an early '90s vintage (92 or 3] m800 "beast of the east"...bottom bracket looks high like the 800.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    Geologist by trade...bicycle mechanic (former) by the grace of God!

2018 Niner RKT 9 RDO - enduro AF

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    Decode serial numbers with this page:
    Vintage Cannondale - Information and Help

In good condition with fresh brakes and tires, they are selling from $250 to $400 here.

Those Quadra forks are perfect for a lightweight urban commuter bike.

mtbr member
    Aug 2015
    Thank you both the replies and for the link. After finding the serial number and decoding it, I too think it is an M800.

Old Canondale but no idea what model or how much it's worth-m800_maybe.jpg

I like turtles
    I win! BTW...I always wanted one of these.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    Geologist by trade...bicycle mechanic (former) by the grace of God!

2018 Niner RKT 9 RDO - enduro AF

mtbr member
    Aug 2015
    @TiGeo - Would you like to buy it

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Hi seldom-biker I don't think you have a M800 BEAST OF THE EAST. It would clearly have the decals for it. Back then all the bikes from the m400 to the m900 used the 3.0 aluminum frame. What set them apart was the component buildup. The higher the number the better the build up. I have a m700 and it was built up 100 percent LX. The m900 was built up with XTR. I also have 2 m800's. The m800's were built up with XT. And all the decals were the same. Except for the M800, the M was purple. If yours was a m800 it would have the decals M800 and the BEAST OF THE EAST. I see in the picture yours has a LX derailluer, I would guess M700. The bike originally came with the rigid peperoni fork. They were recalled for cracks. Cannondale replaced them with the fork you got on yours. I experienced it with my m700. Mudsnow is correct with the value (250-400)
    It would make a great beginner bike. But don't get to aggressive with it. Those fork braces broke easily. Well enough of that, have fun riding.

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by axm1388 View Post
    Hi seldom-biker I don't think you have a M800 BEAST OF THE EAST. It would clearly have the decals for it.
    I see in the picture yours has a LX derailluer, I would guess M700. The bike originally came with the rigid peperoni fork. They were recalled for cracks. Cannondale replaced them with the fork you got on yours.
    seldom-biker looks like he was just trolling for info to sell the bike, but for the record:

M800s have a 13" high bottom bracket versus 11.6" for the rest of the lineup. The chainstays on this one are slanted down instead of up toward the bottom bracket... would be easy enough to measure if he put air in the tires

Only the very early 1" steerer tube Pepperoni forks were recalled and they were never replaced with a suspension fork.

Since there are no model decals and since the years of the components are varied, I'd guess it's a ca 1994 M600 replacement frame with older components like the cranks and shifters.
    --------------

[WTB] 1987 Cannondale SM800, 20", Pink with airbrushed graphics.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Hi J WESTY
    Yeah your right about bottom bracket heights. the m800 didn't use the 3.0 aluminum frame. It had its own dedicated frame and geometry. But those 3.0 aluminum frames did have 1.250 head tubes. Mine was recalled. I remember now I paid extra to have the quadra fork installed. I have so many cannondale bikes from back in the day. I can't recall how many I've owned. I kept the ones I really liked and still have them and paid it forward to people who wanted to get into the sport with the ones I didn't. My M700 looks exactly like the op's.
    HAPPY TRAILS
    THE XMAN
    HAPPY TRAILS