mtbr member
    Mar 2008

new to the cannondale clan!

hi all!

after a 9-year absence from the mtb scene, i am back as a proud owner of a brand new rush 5z! it's bone stock, for now...

i've been lurking for a couple months now, and thanks to all who unknowingly helped in my decision to go with cannondale.
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    From one new C-dale person to another, welcome, nice bike. I landed a 2008 Rush 4 a couple months ago and have only had a chance to get out once so far, planning two rides this weekend.....the first 9miles were awesome though. Enjoy it.

Great platform for upgrades too.

Steve

Sweater
    Im not sure I can welcome you, as I just got my 5z as well only 8 days ago. So far loving the bike though, im sure you will too

mtbr member
    Oct 2005

I am joining the clan tomorrow

I am picking up my 5z tomorrow. I can't wait.
    Very nice looking that is the first black one I have seen

mtbr member

Here's mine,

I really like the black one you have there!

BTW - I use eggbeaters, those are on there only for the 1st test ride!!

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    thanks everyone!

i really agonized over the black vs raw color choice. in the end i went black because my local shop had one, and i couldn't wait!

i will say the wellgo pedals will be first to go. i have an older pair of shimano pedals that i trust. on a few neighborhood jaunts, i came unclipped when i didn't want to (despite having them set pretty tight...), then couldn't release as planned. this could also be bad technique on my part...

looking forward to the trails!

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    i may have jumped the gun a bit on the wellgo pedals. i know they are pretty low-end pedals, but i think they'll be okay. i gave them another full-turn to "+" and had no problem with release on a couple rides.

i think it was my rusty technique and overall sloppiness on the bike after a long layoff!

Prophet converted!
    Nice bike and welcome to the clan!!
    2007 Prophet 5
    2013 Specialized Demo 8.1

FIRENZE rulez !!
    welcome ....

from 2002 no other bikes owned ... only for test , but always owned this brand

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    I'm new to the clan too. I got an 08 Rush 4 2 weeks ago. Been out on 2 rides since I got it, and it brings a smile to my face my old K2 never could. Planning a MTB weekend next weekend......3 days of riding......I CANT WAIT. Enjoy the Rush, it is simply a fantastic bike!

Single Speed Junkie
    Jan 2008

My New 5z

I too just picked up a 5z yesterday. Got the raw color and had them replace the wheels with Mavic Crossrides, slap on my old tires and computer and now I'm set to ride.

I used to ride a cannondale m800 about 12 or 13 years ago. All rigid-man that thing was rough but it only weighed about 23lbs!

Have ridden a GT LTS until about 3 months ago. I'm really looking forward to getting to know this Rush though. Hell, I don't even have to ride it-it makes me grin from ear to ear when I just look at it!

Mike

Sweater
    Quote Originally Posted by rip steakface
    i may have jumped the gun a bit on the wellgo pedals. i know they are pretty low-end pedals, but i think they'll be okay. i gave them another full-turn to "+" and had no problem with release on a couple rides.

i think it was my rusty technique and overall sloppiness on the bike after a long layoff!
    I absolutely hated those pedals on mine and switched them out for shimano 520's. These ones seems to be difficult to clip in and I could never be sure I was fully clippped. If youve got another set of pedals you can try (extra set, friends bike, LBS or whatever), give them a shot to compare them to the stock ones.

non-drama queen
    Yeah I place my order for a Rush this week and I can't wait. I tested the femme model and quickly found out that the geometry between it and the small 'regular' versions is the same.... so I'm getting a Rush 6z, plenty of room for upgrade but it felt really good on the test.

I was agnozing and researching for weeks and at one point looked at a Super Ignition, and I know I might lose about one level of componentry but I couldn't argue with getting a Cannondale to start building from.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    That black color is really really nice. I have the 07' Rush 4 in Gloss black and orange. Its a really sweet paint job, but it is a pain in the rear to keep a gloss black mountain bike looking good. That matte black should hold up really well.

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzaro
    I absolutely hated those pedals on mine and switched them out for shimano 520's. These ones seems to be difficult to clip in and I could never be sure I was fully clippped. If youve got another set of pedals you can try (extra set, friends bike, LBS or whatever), give them a shot to compare them to the stock ones.
    my last mtb came with ritchey pedals, but i swapped them for the shimano platform/clipless pedals (the ones with the silver metal cage, not the black resin version) and i loved them. i think i'm going to go back to those, as i've seen a few floating around for sale.

mtbr member
    I recently sold my Jekyll and got a 2006 Rush (barely ridden) for ~$800 on ebay. I upgraded to a RP23 shock, eggbeater c pedals, and lighter bars. I absolutely love the bike, and its flat black as well.
    Cannondale Caffeine 2 29er
    Redline Monocog Flight 29er
    Fuji RC Team
    Kona Jake the Snake
    Blk Mrkt Mob

mtbr member
    Welcome to the clan, but I want to know what motivation you had to stay away from the MTB scene for NINE YEARS? Are you serious?

I get grouchy if I go three days without swingin' a leg over.

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    shimano DX are great flats to try

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by JLampitt
    Welcome to the clan, but I want to know what motivation you had to stay away from the MTB scene for NINE YEARS? Are you serious?

I get grouchy if I go three days without swingin' a leg over.
    i've actually been riding road bikes for 7 of the last 9 years, then my daughter was born, so i've basically not done ANY riding the last 2 years.

i was really looking forward to getting back into the less training-oriented, more fun-oriented mtb scene i enjoyed years ago. plus most of my bike friends ride off-road.

More than somewhat.
    Bridge Largemeats
    Big McLargehuge
    Punt Speedchunk
    Punch Rockgroin
    Think McRunfast

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    nice one, cypress!

the complete (un-) official "space mutiny" hero nickname list:

Slab Bulkhead
    Fridge Largemeat
    Punt Speedchunk
    Butch Deadlift
    Bold Bigflank
    Splint Chesthair
    Flint Ironstag
    Bolt Vanderhuge
    Thick McRunfast
    Blast Hardcheese
    Buff Drinklots
    Trunk Slamchest
    Fist Rockbone
    Stump Beefknob
    Smash Lampjaw
    Punch Rockgroin
    Buck Plankchest
    Stump Chunkman
    Dirk Hardpec
    Rip Steakface
    Slate Slabrock
    Crud Bonemeal
    Brick Hardmeat
    Whip Slagcheek
    Punch Side-iron
    Gristle McThornbody
    Slate Fistcrunch
    Buff Hardback
    Bob Johnson (no, wait...)
    Blast Thickneck
    Crunch Buttsteak
    Slab Squatthrust
    Lump Beefbroth
    Touch Rustrod
    Reef Blastbody
    Big McLargehuge
    Smoke Manmuscle
    Beat Punchbeef
    Hack Blowfist
    Roll Fizzlebeef

any other MST3K junkies out there?

More than somewhat.
    lolololol

mtbr member
    I am also new to the Cannondale Clan. I used a GT Ricochet for the last 11 years although the last three years have yielded little riding since we had our first child. I just bought a Prophet 4 and it's awesome.

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    PooC~

looks like we're in the same boat!

my daughter (our first) turned 4 at the end of march. for the first year-and-a-half i kept up pretty well (on the road), but really struggled to find time after that.

we have a second on the way in june. call me crazy, but we're DETERMINED to allow for our hobbies! I WILL RIDE AGAIN!!!!

enjoy your cannondales (and whatever else you ride) everybody. see you around!

mtbr member
    Mar 2008

Another new Cannondale member here!

Just got a used 07 prophet a few weeks ago. I have only been on the trials once since it seems to rain every weekend. She is in the shop right now getting a brown spring for the lefty. Im not shure what the standard spring is (blue ?) but my big 250 lbs was way to much for it. I keep feeling like I was going over the handle bars and I did once. The pic is stock when I got her. Since I have ditched that p.o.s cranck and put on a shimano m770 and wellgo mag. platform pedals.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Hi all!

I'm new on this forum but not new in C'dale clan, I was riding an F600 since 2006... but I just bought a brand new 2007 Scalpel 3 and I most say that I found a lot of information posted in this forum that helped me to make my final choice... so thanks all!

mtbr member
    Here's mine right when I got it before any mods which included:

RP23 shock
    SRAM XO gripshift and grips
    Handlebars
    Crank Brothers Chromo Eggbeater
    Hayes Nine Hydros
    Cannondale Caffeine 2 29er
    Redline Monocog Flight 29er
    Fuji RC Team
    Kona Jake the Snake
    Blk Mrkt Mob

mtbr member
    I just ordered my new Rush 5z in black on Friday. It will not ship from Cannondale for 2 weeks....2 very long weeks....

On an up note, at least I did not need a large. A friend of mine was with me and tried to order a large Rush 5z but Cannondale said they will not have a large 5z in ANY color until late June. He ended up getting 2007 Rush 5 on closeout.

Members who have read this thread: 0