I like turtles

Need help with old mid-90s headshok

My neighbor has a '96 F-600 with the MC50 headshok (elastomer/oil). The elastomer is completely gone (fork stays sagged all the time) and I was hoping someone out there knew of a way to get a coil spring upgrade for this. I am a former bicycle mechanic but never worked at a C-dale dealer so don't know much about it. I am sure that White Bros. or similar made a coil spring upgrade. Any help anyone can throw my way would be helpful - the bike is in great shape and I want to be able to help him get it going again so he can ride with our group.
    Geologist by trade...bicycle mechanic (former) by the grace of God!

2018 Niner RKT 9 RDO - enduro AF

All Lefty's, all the time Moderator
    I'm not aware of any Speed Springs type upgrade for that, but there are new elastomers out there...

The real question is, is it just the slug, or is there a coil inside too?

The slugs are no longer sourceable, but you can get a coil/elastomer combo for it still. You'll need the tool to get it apart to do that though. Got a good local dealer? Check to see if they'll let you borrow their Castle tool.
    This is a Pugs not some carbon wannabee pretzel wagon!!

- FrostyStruthers

www.mendoncyclesmith.com

Ridin' dirty!
    Speed Springs did offer a Headshok upgrade with an Eibach made steel spring that consisted of a Spring and a new Plug for the bottom that was sticking out like a quarter inch or so....impossible to find nowadays....I stumbled over a brandnew one on Fleabay 2 years ago and bought it right away for Delta V...worked like a charm especially with that DD oildamper
    "Common sense isn't always that common!"
    Custom Prophet and Custom Delta V

Members who have read this thread: 0