LA CHÈVRE

Muddy autumn Prophet ride

Lots of mud after many days of rain and snow. But since all the tree leaves are now on the ground, it wasn't too dirty but it was very slippery on the trails yesterday... Still had lot's of fun though. We have to make the most out of the few days left before the bike gets to hibernate. Sorry, we didn't take the time to stop for riding pictures or videos...

Last edited by Dan Gerous; 10-25-2006 at 02:05 PM.

DAN.GEROUS.NET : MOUNTAIN BIKING : CYCLOCROSS : ROAD :

mtbr member
    Man, that is one clean bike, I must remember to take a picture of mine the next time we get some rain, you don't know what mud is till you've been to England

Seriously though, if you do a lot of muddy/wet riding I can highly, highly recommend Maxxis Medusa' tyres (tires to you ). I have the UST version and they are the only tyre to ever impress me straight away, super grippy even on wet rock and they're lightweight too.

All Lefty's, all the time Moderator
    Hey, that looks like my bike after last nights ride. Dan, we've had all the rain too, and it makes for some smile inducing riding! What's up with your walkway behind that tree, looks like you've got a roller coaster there=
    This is a Pugs not some carbon wannabee pretzel wagon!!

- FrostyStruthers

www.mendoncyclesmith.com

mtbr member
    Bike? Hibernate? Never!

Of course I am constantly warned that blue feet and hands along with frozen hair and cloths are not the ideal situation for a body to live in. Ah well, I only live once.

LA CHÈVRE
    Quote Originally Posted by KarlosPirahna
    Man, that is one clean bike, I must remember to take a picture of mine the next time we get some rain, you don't know what mud is till you've been to England

Seriously though, if you do a lot of muddy/wet riding I can highly, highly recommend Maxxis Medusa' tyres (tires to you ). I have the UST version and they are the only tyre to ever impress me straight away, super grippy even on wet rock and they're lightweight too.
    I have seen worst, much worst too, but most of the mud was trapped under the leaves so we didn't get too dirty. I had a good time with my front tire, Hutchinson Barracuda MRC Medium 2.3 UST. The softish rubber gripped well and the aggressive and deep knobs provided secure grip and cornering. The Spider out bike was not as good but still not too bad. The thing is, again because of the leaves, we didn't always see the rocks and roots and you know those long roots that stick out and that are just angled in a way to make your rear tires follow it...
    Quote Originally Posted by MendonCycleSmith
    Hey, that looks like my bike after last nights ride. Dan, we've had all the rain too, and it makes for some smile inducing riding! What's up with your walkway behind that tree, looks like you've got a roller coaster there=
    We sure did smile. I thought I would have a hard time because I partied all night before that, didn't eat while partying, didn't eat much in the morning before the ride and I still felt drunk when we started. Seems there is nothing like a cold bike ride to make you feel better.

That's not at my place, it's a friend's house (well, his parent's house but since they live right at the trail head...). But it's no rollercoaster, perfectly flat, it's just that the walkaway is not cut straight, it swoops around the trees, bushes and flowers.
    Quote Originally Posted by bikeuphill9
    Bike? Hibernate? Never!
    I guess I could keep on riding in the snow but I'm just as hooked and crazy about snowboarding so as soon as the slopes open, in goes my bike, out goes my board.

DAN.GEROUS.NET : MOUNTAIN BIKING : CYCLOCROSS : ROAD :

All Lefty's, all the time Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by bikeuphill9
    Bike? Hibernate? Never!

Of course I am constantly warned that blue feet and hands along with frozen hair and cloths are not the ideal situation for a body to live in. Ah well, I only live once.

Here here! I'm a big proponent of riding till the snow prohibits motion, then XC/BC skiing on the same trails=
    This is a Pugs not some carbon wannabee pretzel wagon!!

- FrostyStruthers

www.mendoncyclesmith.com

mtbr member
    She's seen lotsa gravel duty lately but it's not gettin' put away. It was a balmy 21 on the way to work. Almost time for some studs....
    Attached Images Attached Images

Members who have read this thread: 0