Thread: Magura CCS

mtbr member
    Feb 2006

Magura CCS

I just got a smokin' deal on this cartridge ($125) so I figured I should change out the headshock since I haven't had it serviced in years. I'm hoping it makes some difference but I will let you all know after this weekends' rides.

Anyone else have the Magura CCS in their headshock? What do you think of it?

Are you talking to me?

How many years?

The CCS is made ONLY for an 80mm travel Headshock. What fork are you running?
    gfy

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by damion
    The CCS is made ONLY for an 80mm travel Headshock. What fork are you running?
    Ultra Fatty on a Scalpel 2000

The ride wasn't that much different but the rebound adjustability does help and I liked that part. The shock felt nicer and tighter altogether but that may be because I hadn't had my headshock serviced in years. The thing comes out of the stem a good inch, inch and a half and I banged my head on it going under a branch but I'll get used to it and adjust. For the price and considering I would have needed to service the headshock, I think it was well worth the upgrade but I don't know if I would have been happy paying full price for the Magura insert.

Members who have read this thread: 0