mtbr member
    May 2006

Low or High Rise bars on Rush

What does a stock Rush come with, low or high rise?

I know it is a personal choice that involves bike use and riding perferences but I would like to get some input on which one to put on a custom Rush I am building. I can't try both out so I am trying to get it right the first time.

USED2COULD
    Quote Originally Posted by jimbo4266
    What does a stock Rush come with, low or high rise?

I know it is a personal choice that involves bike use and riding perferences but I would like to get some input on which one to put on a custom Rush I am building. I can't try both out so I am trying to get it right the first time.
    Do you mean Low Rise (~0.75" - 1.0") vs. High Rise (~1.5"+), or do you mean Flat vs Rise.
    You said Low vs High, so I guess you were clear on the former.

I ride with a low rise Easton Monkey Lite SL Low Rise bar on my Rush 2000. The stock FSA 180 / 190 (or whatever it was), was of a similar rise.
    <Insert Quiver>

LA CHÈVRE
    It comes with 25mm rise bars, whatever you want to call it.

DAN.GEROUS.NET : MOUNTAIN BIKING : CYCLOCROSS : ROAD :

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Thanks for the replys. I do mean low vs high. Time for me to look stupid. This is from Easton's web site for their EC70:

Weight / (Dia/Length)
    150 grams (25.4/660 mm)
    160 grams (31.8/660 mm)

Heights
    Low and high rise (8° sweep | 4° upsweep)

They show both having 8 deg sweep and 4 deg upsweep so what is the difference between low and high?

Dan - You stated 25 mm, what is that a measurment of?

mtbr member
    rise is the amount of mm it is from the center of the bar at the stem to the cetner of the bar once it curves and becomes straight.

sweep is howmuch the bar angles back to the saddle/rear of the bike
    one pedal stroke at a time

LA CHÈVRE
    Quote Originally Posted by A-Dog
    rise is the amount of mm it is from the center of the bar at the stem to the cetner of the bar once it curves and becomes straight.

sweep is howmuch the bar angles back to the saddle/rear of the bike
    Exactly, the 25.4 and 31.8 measures are the bar diameter at the stem clamp, pick to fit your stem.

DAN.GEROUS.NET : MOUNTAIN BIKING : CYCLOCROSS : ROAD :

mad aussie
    The stock FSA bar weighs a ton, I replaced mine with a Monkeylite and saved almost 1/2 a lb!
    High or low depends on your height. I am 5'6" on a medium Rush and with my short legs I have the stem flipped over. I think I will go for a wide flat bar with plenty of sweep like the Salsa Pro Moto because the bars still feel somewhat high. It also depends on the riding position you prefer.

Kevin

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    I am apprx 5'10" and ride a large custom spec'd Rush. I am using the Easton EC70 carbon straight seat post, apprx 400mm. I have the low-rise EC carbon bar with a 5 degree 100mm stem. I felt like bar was a tad low for me where I was putting a little more pressure on my wrists and hands. I just changed out the stem with a Cannondale 110mm 20 degree stem so I can sit just a little more upright. Riding position is more comfortable for me and my wrists don't feel strained.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Here's a good article from LeeLikesBikes.com

http://www.leelikesbikes.com/stem-le...rail-bike.html

mtbr member
    May 2006
    This is exactly the information I was looking for. Thanks to all. Great article from LeeLikesBikes.com.

likes to ride bikes
    I put a RaceFace Next SL carbon bar on about 2 months ago and absolutely love it! It's 24" wide, and has about a 1 inch rise I think. I little more rise than the FSA bar that came on my Rush.

Members who have read this thread: 0