mtbr member
    May 2006

Length of carbon lefty SL

I've got my carbon lefty SL fork in for servicing and the loaner for I was sent measures 65cm from the top of the outer cap to the bottom. The manual says that it's meant to be 695 +-5mm with the air out and outer cap off. The front end feels low with the 65cm fork. I haven't been on my bike all winter and part of the reason I sent my fork in was because it measured 65cm and I thought it had lowered due to bearing migration issues.

Does anyone know what it should measure?

Vang

FIRENZE rulez !!
    the measure of 695mm is correct

in 5 minutes you could do yourself the bearing reset .... and your Lefty could be as new

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Yeah, normally I do the reset myself. I was a bit worried that I was having to do it more and more regularly over the last year. It was in for a seal kit replacement and I asked them to look at the bearings as well.

So the for is meant to be 695mm with the top cap on and the air in it? The loaner fork they sent was only 650mm, which made me think that the fork is only 695mm when you have it apart to do the bearing migration.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    I got 690mm whent he top cap is taken off.......when you put everything back in place.....I can measure 645mm only.....

Members who have read this thread: 0