Lefty Year/Serial Number- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jan 2010

Lefty Year/Serial Number

Hello,

I'm the proud owner of a Cannondale Caffeine F29 with an 80mm Lefty.

I did not buy the bike new, though from the bikes serial number I believe the frame is a 2007. The previous owner changes out the Lefty fork at some point in time.

My question is, I'd like to download the correct manual for the Lefty but I'm not sure how to tell which year it is. The serial number is 236470F, anyone out there know how to interpret?

On a more immediate note, can anyone confirm the telescope length when performing a bearing reset? All of the manuals from 2007 to current on Cannondale's site seem to suggest that the measurement should be 695mm +/- 5mm, just wanted to confirm before opening it up tonight.

Thanks!

mtbr member
    Jan 2010

bump

bump...

OK, I know the serial number question was a longshot, but can someone confirm the 700mm measurement when performing the bearing reset?

LA CHÈVRE
    Can you describe the Lefty or post pictures of it? By it's graphics and it's internals (no need to open it, the top knobs usually give it away), we should be able to tell what Lefty it is.

But for a reset, just go by the sound/feel, I never really measure them when I do it. The sound should change to a more solid thump once the bearings are reset.

DAN.GEROUS.NET : MOUNTAIN BIKING : CYCLOCROSS : ROAD :

FIRENZE rulez !!
    Quote Originally Posted by djb2 View Post
    bump...

OK, I know the serial number question was a longshot, but can someone confirm the 700mm measurement when performing the bearing reset?
    be sure to measure 695mm when top cap is still to be reinstalled !

not when fork is already rebuild . after do that , the fork became 650-660 mm

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    Here are a couple of pictures, hopefully I captured the right areas.

Also, I did the bearing reset and came up with 700mm, though I can't really say I noticed a different sound/feel at the end. Clunking noise when topping out went away though so I suppose it was successful.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    The top looks similar to the 2007 Rush 3 we have in the family, which is basically the same Lefty with 110mm of travel and it is a Lefty DLR. In other words, it looks like the right shock for the Caffeine, a Lefty 29'er Speed with DLR, 80mm travel. Looking at the pictures from a 2009 Cannondale catalog shows that the levers have the same style in the DLR lineup of Lefty's.

Members who have read this thread: 2