mtbr member
    Apr 2006

Lefty Speed Fox RLC 110 spring problem

I've got this fork new on my Carbon RUSH 1. I brought it to the LBS where I purchased it to help me set the sag. It's a great shop, they're knowledgable and helpful. I trust them. I weigh 160 and the fork has a firm spring. 25% sag (27.5mm) was the target. We could only get 17mm without exceeding manufacturer specs for adjustment turns. Cannondale thinks a medium spring might be too soft. (might have to preload the spring too much). So it's sits now at about 16% sag. I've always had air forks, so I don't know what to make of it. Any thoughts? Thanks.

LA CHÈVRE
    Simple: if the spring you have now doesn't make your Lefty sag enough with the minimum preload, you need a softer spring. Setup guides are just guides, they are starting point so it's not a problem to get a softer spring in there.

DAN.GEROUS.NET : MOUNTAIN BIKING : CYCLOCROSS : ROAD :

tms
    mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    related question: do i need any special cdale tool to change a spring in RLC fork?

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    I know it's only a guideline, but I've always run 25% sag in my forks. Would 16% generally be considered not enough? Thanks.

LA CHÈVRE
    Try it, you may not use the whole 110mm with not enough sag and it will be harsher but some people actually prefer less sag.

DAN.GEROUS.NET : MOUNTAIN BIKING : CYCLOCROSS : ROAD :

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    I had my Terralogic retrofitted to the RLC. With nothing to go on I told them I wanted the firmest titanium spring they had (I had a 140 Max and they didn't make Ti springs in Extra or XX Firm). So I got it and ran into the same thing, it don't sag enough. But it rides fantastic and I'm not going to change it. This fork feels so much better than every air fork I've ever had. I'm 225+ and air foks just never felt confidence inspiring when pushing the limits some.

Members who have read this thread: 0