Thread: Lefty Seal

I'm Riding It
    Apr 2005

Lefty Seal

Is replacing a lefty seal the kind of job where the fork needs to be shipped in to Cannondale to be rebuilt? Just wondering, because I need mine replaced. I talked to my LBS and they booked my bike in saying that they would have the part on order, and when I dropped my bike off it would be a quick procedure, and would be ready for pickup the next day. Then when I go in to drop off my bike, they say that they can't do it, and that I would have to ship off the fork to Cannondale to get it rebuilt.
    Wish they would've told me that 2 weeks ago.

Anyways, is this the way it has to be, or can I find another shop that would do it for me?
    www.bikeride.ca
    Alberta born-n-raised mountain bike racer.

LA CHÈVRE
    Some shops do it in-house, I find that less and less shops do though, they're either too lazy or too innocent. If you can't find a shop locally to do it, may I suggest contacting Craig at MendonCycleSmith, it will cost less and take less time than sending it to Cannondale and the job will be done just as good. Many people here are satisfied customers... And I'm pretty sure Cannondale have better things to do.

DAN.GEROUS.NET : MOUNTAIN BIKING : CYCLOCROSS : ROAD :

Members who have read this thread: 0