lefty reset too often- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jan 2005

lefty reset too often

i've had my '07 prophet for a year now, it came with a lefty max FFD 140..i put the next stiffer sping in it a week after i got it....i've found that i'm having to reset the bearings quite often...almost daily really...i measured the distance i had to reset today at 8 mm....is there something in the fork that needs to be tighten to get more time between bearing resets?

i ride fairly aggressive, but no big jumps or anything....i ride the bike everyday though
    "He can make even a global summit meeting seem like a kegger." M. Dowd, NY Times, 19 July 2006

I Love my Rize
    You might need thicker races installed. Talk to Mendon as he could probably help ya out.
    Early to bed early to RIZE makes a man healthy, wealthy <(scratch that) and wize.

RIGHTY on a LEFTY

mtbr member
    May 2007
    If you send it too Mendon, have him put the TPC upgrade in (if you have the cash) You'll go WOW on your first ride with it.
    Crusin' on a fake duck with a Sharks jersey on and a pig's tail in my fork

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    I have an older Lefty I bought used that had the same exact problem. I sent it to Mendon Cyclesmith and he told me that dampener oil had leaked and gotten all over the needle bearings.

He cleaned and serviced it for me and no more problem!

Members who have read this thread: 0