Thread: Lefty Question

mtbr member

Bonking ... not feelin' well Lefty Question

Hi

Not sure if this is the right place to ask this question, but here goes. I just purchased a new Flash 2 carbon, this is my first Cannondale and exposure to the Lefty. I love this bike. It fits like a glove, climbs great and demonstrates great control going down. Very fast bike!!! My question concerns the Lefty. I thought this shock would knock my socks off but I'm not finding this to be the case. It is not a plush shock and travel appears less then what I experience with my rock shock? I tried the set up as manual suggest, and various air pressure changes below what is recommended. I weight 175lbs and have the shock set to 80psi (very low for my weight as to what is recommended), at higher psi it becomes very stiff and hard to compress, and lower psi the shock chambers will not quite fully extend. I like my old rock shock better in the rocky sections and chatter. The Lefty shock climbs great and is very stable but does not seem to be smoothing out the impacts? I want to love this shock….please help!!!

Also the lock out does not completely lock out the dampening.

So

1. Am I missing something with the setup?
    2. Does something need to be greased?
    3. Does the lock out sound like it is function properly?
    4. Is there a break in period for these shocks?

Thanks Dave

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    The lefties I have had, have been great. Where you experience it lacking, is exactly where it should better than anything else. So I would think something would be wrong with the fork. If possible get it back to your dealer, so they can fix it. The feeling of endless travel and butterysmooth travel is what the Lefty is all about

mtbr member
    Thanks R

That is what I thought!!! I mailed ordered the bike....got a great deal.....I do not think the local cannondale dealer will be that helpful, who knows. Is there any thing I can do tho check things out? You would think that brand new every thing should be smooth and functional

Dave

Ridin' dirty!
    Quote Originally Posted by badsmells View Post
    Thanks R

That is what I thought!!! I mailed ordered the bike....got a great deal.....I do not think the local cannondale dealer will be that helpful, who knows. Is there any thing I can do tho check things out? You would think that brand new every thing should be smooth and functional

Dave
    Just ride it for now and over the winter send it to Mendoncyclesmith for a custom tune and you should be all set.
    "Common sense isn't always that common!"
    Custom Prophet and Custom Delta V

mtbr member
    Hey Guys

I figured out the problem. I twisted the barrel adjustment on the quick lock out to open.....every thing is peachy and I'm loving it!!!!! I have never owned a shock with lock out....live and learn.

Dave

Happy Trails
    All's well what ends well.

Members who have read this thread: 0