mtbr member
    Mar 2008

Lefty Max mistake?

Hi Guys,

Question on the Lefty Max. I have never purchased a Cannondale...or a bike over $300 for that matter in my life. I recently picked up a 2006 prophet 600 (black) from the LBS which is currently unridden and can be exchanged if I desire. (They have a grey 2007 Rush 5 for about the same price)

Should I be worried that the Lefty Max is no longer produced? I don't see myself putting any undue strain on the fork (yet at least :-)) but will Cannondale keep a ready supply of parts for this fork if I need something in 4 or 5 years? Do other companies supply parts for this fork? I I discovered after the purchase that Cannondale stopped producing them quite a while ago. and it has me a bit concerned.

Of course since the studies have proved the prophet to be better I should have no worries

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=397789

Thanks,
    Rob

The Martian
    Jan 2007
    The new Rize is equipped with a Lefty Max 130mm with fox internals (not sure what internals the 06 had)... I don't think Cannondale is going to ditch the fork any time soon and leave you out in the cold, personally, and the ride of the lefty is totally amazing

mtbr member
    you should stick with the lefty. my prophet has one and i'm not about to change that.

LA CHÈVRE
    That generation of Lefty Max is one of the most reliable forks you can get so I wouldn't worry. Just do the maintenance (bearing resets once in a while, a service every year or so) and it will last a long time. And if something does go bad, the parts that usually can fail are still available: seals, bearings, races, oil...

DAN.GEROUS.NET : MOUNTAIN BIKING : CYCLOCROSS : ROAD :

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Thanks guys...I Also just noticed the multiple postings from Mendon. It helps to know there are folks out there that can work on these other then Cannondale. My local LBS is the norm in that they send it to Cannondale for problems. I like the longer travel of the Prophet and I think I'll stick with it.

Rob

discombobulated SuperModerator
    Jun 2005
    Stock fork should be only FFD. I think an upgrade to TPC would be nice.....
    Then again ride the snot out of it, and then upgrade. You'll better feel the difference..
    CDT

mtbr member
    SPV Max would be even better... manitou internals. but the FFD and the TPC are still great forks.

Members who have read this thread: 0