mtbr member
    Apr 2008

Kickstand for Adventure 5

Hi folks,
    We just got my wife a new Adventure and found out as we got home that we had no kickstand. Do we have to use the C'dale Eileen or can we use something else. The frame looks like it has the mount for a traditional kickstand. Any recommendations?
    Thanks,
    Tom

Ground Pounder
    I'd go back to the shop you bought it at. I'm sure they could rig up something for you. Be careful if you do it yourself, I've seen over torqued kickstands ruin frames.
    My bicycle gets more dirt than your 4x4.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    One problem is that I'm statiioned overseas and got the bike at the PX(shopping center on US base) and they didn't have any kickstands, they didn't even have the adaptor for the air valves on the tires. The other problem is that none of the LBS's that I've gone to stock C'dales, which is why I'm gonna have to order it on-line so I need to be ableto get the right one the first time.
    Tom

Ground Pounder
    Here's a Google shopping link that has a few Greenfields in different lengths. You can measure from the chainstays to the ground and go from there. If you're on the fence overestimate; they're easy enough to cut w/ a Dremel or hacksaw. They're not hard to install, I'd just wrap the frame w/ some electrical tape where the stand will contact it and err on the side of too loose compared with too tight.

Even if you have a LBS that doesn't stock Cannondale I'd take it there and see if they have one that fits. If it's too long they should be able to cut it for you there. Greenfields are the LBS standard for kickstands.

I wish I was into cycling when I was in the Army. The tax break at the PX would've been nice.
    My bicycle gets more dirt than your 4x4.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Thanks for the help! I found a bike shop today, by complete accident! They of course didn't have cannondales or Greenfield but had some generic kickstand that is adjustable. So for 4euros and some creative grinding, she's all set now!!

Yeah the PX is getting better, still a little lacking in some areas though. I was totally surprised to see them carry C'dales and Treks, and not just the entry levels. I saw 2 Rush's, an X7 and another road bike and 4 Caffeine's. The flatblack Caffeine is dead sexy, but WAY out of my price range!

Tom

Members who have read this thread: 0