mtbr member

Jekyll headset bearings - help!

Hi,

The bearings on my Si headset have worn out. my LBS informed me that this specific size bearings are hard to find (2005 jekyll) and that a special order through the C-Dale importer here in Israel will be expensive...

anyone know of a reliable source for bearings which might be able to ship overseas and has a variety of products?

thanks!

All Lefty's, all the time Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by matangr
    Hi,

The bearings on my Si headset have worn out. my LBS informed me that this specific size bearings are hard to find (2005 jekyll) and that a special order through the C-Dale importer here in Israel will be expensive...

anyone know of a reliable source for bearings which might be able to ship overseas and has a variety of products?

thanks!
    I can't speak for how tough it will be to find them, but they have been the same size on every Cannondale frame's headset, for more than 10 years. So, not that rare, or unique.

So your LBS told you that the Cannondale dealer would have to special order the bearings? I call BS. Not saying the will absolutely have them, the day you walk in looking for them, but it's a super common Cannondale item, and any shop selling them, should have them in spades, no need for special orders.

I may not have the tube you need the day you stop in, (things do sell out unexpectedly sometimes) but what kind of a shop would I be, if I never stocked road tubes, but sold road bikes?

A local bearing supplier should be able to help too. If you look at the bearing shield, it will have a string of numbers and letters, that's your ID. For example, RS6903, or RS6002, etc. Can't recall the number off the top of my head, but it's better to teach a man to fish anyway
    This is a Pugs not some carbon wannabee pretzel wagon!!

- FrostyStruthers

www.mendoncyclesmith.com

mtbr member

thanks Mendon

Thanks a lot Mendon,
    straight to the point as always.

I'll have a word with my LBS.

ride more
    Mar 2007
    Mendon to the rescue.....

All Lefty's, all the time Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by wyatt79m
    Mendon to the rescue.....

Dunno about rescue, I just handed him the phone
    This is a Pugs not some carbon wannabee pretzel wagon!!

- FrostyStruthers

www.mendoncyclesmith.com

Members who have read this thread: 0