3xv
    mtbr member
    Dec 2005

Interested in purchasing a Prophet 4

Good day. I am considering purchasing a Prophet 4 and would like some opinions with regards to the lefty front suspension and pedalling efficiency. Pros and cons welcome. Thanks in advance for the input.

All Lefty's, all the time Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by 3xv
    lefty front suspension and pedalling efficiency.

Simply put, the Lefty is the finest front suspension you can bolt to a bike. Hands down. Super stiff, buttery, yummy! The Prophet pedal and climb very well for single pivot designs, quite efficiently. If you are coming from a FSR, VPP type world, you may find the axle path feeling to be a bit different, but once you learn to work it, you can preload for log crossings, jumps etc, much better. Good luck!
    This is a Pugs not some carbon wannabee pretzel wagon!!

- FrostyStruthers

www.mendoncyclesmith.com

LA CHÈVRE
    I agree with Mendon, the best, by far! You wont regret it. The only downside is that after, you might be stuck for life as other forks will feel like they are machined from a chunk of marshmallow.

DAN.GEROUS.NET : MOUNTAIN BIKING : CYCLOCROSS : ROAD :

3xv
    mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    I currently own a Trek Liquid 10, and the "fork" stiffness of the lefty was demonstrated to me by the LBS associate. I haven't had a chance to ride one yet, and I have been very curious to hear about the performance from owners.

Mendon and Dan-I really appreciate the response to my inquiry. I might have to place an order soon, as long as the LBS confirms with me that the unit that I will be receiving will come with the '07 XT derailleur. We called-up Cannondale yesterday, and the person we spoke with mentioned that the first production batch will have '06 derailleurs and the next batches will indeed have the '07's. Thank you again. Ride safe, and have a great weekend.

I might have to place an order soon, as long as the LBS confirms with me that the unit that I will be receiving will come with the '07 XT derailleur.

Now, everyone needs something to worry about but, this should not be one of them. Firstly, becuase they cost about 60 to 70 bucks, and whats that in a multi thousand dollar bike purchase, and you'll probably rip one off in the woods anyway. Secondly, the differences are cosmetic, so it's not as though an '06 won't drive the chain or something.

Personally, I'd get that bike ASAP, one good ride, and you'll forget all about it, and when you see an '07 on sale buy it and swap it, no-one ever wasa bummed they had a back up derailleur in their tool box!

Sorry, couldn't help myself, no coffee yet=

- FrostyStruthers

www.mendoncyclesmith.com

3xv
    mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Mendon-I'm off today, and will be dropping-by the LBS, hopefully they'll have a demo so I can test ride one. Thank you again for your input. I'll post pics once I become a "leftist" LOL . Have a great day.

I'll post pics once I become a "leftist" LOL . Have a great day.

Sweet, please do! Have fun out there=

- FrostyStruthers

www.mendoncyclesmith.com

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Go SRAM!!!

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    The Prophet that was delivered to the shop last week that I built Monday night had an 07 XT rear derailler. For what that is worth.

Members who have read this thread: 0