mtbr member
    Jun 2010

Should I get a 2008 F7?

Hi guys,

I'm from Malaysia and I'm new to this forum. Found this forum while doing research for which bike to buy.

About to buy my first MTB. Haven't been cycling for years (last bike I had was a Roadbike - LOOK which was mainly for commuting). Since I'm a beginner, I don't want to spend too much and I've been looking at a few brands within my budget.

One of my LBS has a Cannondale F9 which I cannot find any info about. This is what I remember about it (didn't take any pics, and don't know if I am able to). It has a sticker price of RM (Ringgit Malaysia) 2200 which is about USD $680. I'm sure I can get a discount and get it for a lower price.

Cannondales are quite rare here (no local distributor) and I believe the nearest one is in Singapore - hence the high price tag, all imported I reckon.

- Grip shifts
    - V-brakes
    - Orange/yellow colour (similar to the colour of the bike in the pic below - sorry Sunburst576, need to borrow your pic as yours is the most similar colour I'm referring to).

Since you guys are Cannondale lovers, I hope you can help me out. Is that a real F9 (never seen the reviews or colour scheme in my research online).

If it really is an original F9, what year is it?

My alternative choice would be a 2009 F9 (I like them black) for RM 2100 (about USD $649).

Any info and/or recommendation is much appreciated.

EDIT: Since the make/model has been identified
    Last edited by Bigfoot-X; 06-19-2010 at 08:10 PM. Reason: Answer found.....

mtbr member
    Jun 2010

Another look .....

Finally got myself some time and stopped by the LBS today.

Found out that the bike I saw was a 2008 F7 and it wasn't grip shifts - I think I confused it with the Giant that I saw there.

This was actually the same bike I saw - the guy wants about USD $ 556 for it. I'm still considering.

Members who have read this thread: 0