mtbr member

Help Deciding on Hubs

This is the short, short version. What do you think about Industry 9 vs Project 321 vs. DT Swiss for a lefty and rear hub combo. Is there anyone else that I should consider?
    </robert> ::: B1KER.com - Be One

TXTony
    All I know about is the I9...they have been the best hubs I have owned,,zero issues..I also have some Kings that are good hubs as well..have no experience with the others that you mentioned

mtbr member
    Chris King makes a lefty?
    </robert> ::: B1KER.com - Be One

mtbr member
    ^ Not that I know of no.
    and no, I am not missing the other half of my fork....

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    I've been using I9 wheels for the last 5 years and without a doubt they are simply the best wheels I've ever used in all my years of MTBing (25+)... the holy grail of wheels in my opinion..

Indestructable freehub... never slips.. or even hinted at slipping.. gives me super confidence when putting power down on technical climbs.. not to mention the instant engagement from the 3 degree pickup..

32 one piece, straight pull spokes that thread directly into the hub means I can build up a lightweight but super strong pair of wheels.. light enough for racing but strong enough to be thrashed..

Unlike a lot of wheelset out there (crank brothers, mavic x-max etc) I can use any rim I want.. so thrashing a rim is never an issue.. just change it for a new one..

Unlike Chris King rear hubs.. I can service the I9 rear hub in minutes with basic tools.. I can change axles in seconds just by pushing them out by hand.. the QR axle is the exception here.. but that only needs a 5mm allen key and your away..

FYI - Project 321 rear hubs use the Industry 9 freehub mechanism so your getting the freehub reliability of the i9's in a slightly cheaper package

Members who have read this thread: 0