mtbr member
    Apr 2007

Headshok:oil leak from lock-out knob

Hi
    Does anybody have any idea about this?I changed the oil and cleaned the cartridge,but oil still leaks from the lock-out knob.Do i have to fully dissasemble the cartridge to fix it?If yes,how?
    Thanks in advance.
    Nick

P.S.Sending it to LBS is not an option as it is far away and it provides terrible service .

mtbr member
    Oct 2004

Seals

What kind of damper is it? More than likely, it is a worn out/damaged seal. Depending on how old it is, it may be time for a complete rebuild.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    It is a super fatty DL80 model 2002.Which seal are you refering to?Is it possible to buy it and change myself or I should send the fork to someone like eighty-aid?

mtbr member
    Oct 2004

O-ring

There's an o-ring that is inside of the lockout piston that the thru-shaft runs up through. This is probably the culprit. Since the nut on top of the damper is pressed on, it would be best to send it to a repair center. They'll get you fixed up right.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Thanks a lot for your reply!I will do as you say.

Nick

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Mine's leaking again only after six months and probably about 400 miles road riding (Bad Boy). The headshok is a good fork, it gives so much but takes so much cash in return. My damper cartridge is leaking oil, what seals do I need to fix it?
    Thanks everyone.

Members who have read this thread: 0