What It Be ?

Headset Question

I plan on picking up a Scapel frame end of this week. I have a question. All I need is the 1 1/2 adapter down to a 1 1/8 headset to run a regular fork?

Also would an 80mm SID on say an 06 Scapel make the bike handle to fast steepening the headset angle? Really don't want to pay the cash for a lefty when I have a perfectly good fork.

Thanks guys first Cdale I will have,

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    yeah, adapter cups work, or go for a converter headset. Head angle should be fine, or at least it feels that way to me (running a manitou r7 on my scalpel, and I'm assuming the a-c height is similar for both forks). I had the same problem as you- lefties are damn expensive. Answering your other thread- the old (02-07) scalpels are great XC bikes by the way, they ride real nice, plush, but progressive towards the end of the stroke so they don't blow through the travel too easy. Reliable frames, and light for FS. Came from a hardtail too, and I really like my scalpel.

What It Be ?
    Yea. Its an 06. Got a FSA headset ordered up as well as the BB adapter kit and a nice purty thompson seatpost.. Wanted to go CK but 140$ for a headset little steep. Can't wait to get riding on it. Full XTR kit swaping over and DT 240s with ZTR Olympic rims as well. I'll post up some pics when I get it done.

Members who have read this thread: 0