mtbr member
    Aug 2007

hatch rack for a super V?

I've sold my truck and now have a station wagon (and kids to fill it). It's an IS300, I need a rack for my C'Dale Super V700. I cannot use the traditional rack that catches the cross bar as the SuperV has none, like many MTB's today. So what are you using to carry your bike?

Roof rack isn't available for the IS300 wagon, and the idea of a trailer hitch just to carry the bike seems unreasonable... there must be a way?!?

Thanks
    Mark

mtbr member
    Hey Mark

I am a fellow MKIV owner 93 Hardtop 6 speed in CT if your the same one from Supraforums.

I really like my hitch mount rack but I have an Expedition as my DD. There may be one that hangs off the back window but I think you would run into problems with the style of your frame.

Is there any sort of roof rack available and you could get the bars that would be holding the bike?

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    yep, that's me from supraforums. Small world.....

I've got an expy too, but the wife has that and I can't take it away from her without bringing all the kids... which means no point to biking

So, I've got the IS300 and I was hoping to find something that might work on that, an RX8, several generations of mustang and also a C5 corvette....

I prefer a roof rack system, and I just found a Yakima..... If I go roof then this is the way to go, but first I'd like to avoid spending $600 on a roof rack and maybe just find the back rack.....?

mtbr member
    Dec 2006

frame adapter may help

I think it is a Thule Frame Adapter. It's for any bike that cannot be carried by the frame. It attaches to the seat post and bar stem. I use one for my 700. It costs less $30 from you local thule dealer. check for Thule accessories online and you will find pleanty of dealers.
    There's nothin' wrong with goin' nowhere, baby
    But we should be goin' nowhere fast

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    I looked at those and did not see how I'd use it with my lefty fork.

Members who have read this thread: 0