mtbr member
    Mar 2012

Good deal on this older cannondale?

hey guys, i posted in the general forum about a few bikes i am considering but i thought this may be a better place to get feedback on this bike. i am not sure what these ran new or if the changes he has made are better than what came stock. please let me know what you think - thanks for the feedback!

Cannondale F5

mtbr member
    The original MSRP was somewhere between $800 or $900. I'd say its a good price right where it's at, but I would try to work him down to $450. I've done some basic maintenance on some of these at the shop where I work, and I think it isn't a bad bike at all. Here is a page on what all came on the bike originally:
    Everything will be all right in the end... if it's not all right, then it's not the end.

My Bikes

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    thanks, i was looking to spend around 800 and getting this bike will allow me to do a few upgrades on the front end. additional input on the bike and any upgrades is welcome!

mtbr member
    I would upgrade the wheels and tires first. After that, I would upgrade the crank to something like a shimano deore SLX or even XT if you can afford it. I can tell he upgraded the brakes to Avid BB7s. The bike originally came with BB5s. The BB7 Brakes that it has on there are pretty decent, and in my opinion, they are the best cable actuated disc brakes out there, so I would stick with those.
    Everything will be all right in the end... if it's not all right, then it's not the end.

My Bikes

Nor­wegr
    The 2009 F6-F5-F4 are all great bikes (same frame), I've been using mine since they were released and it offers a really nice bang for your buck! It also has the headshok tube so it's lefty ready if you want to go that route.

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    I had an f4 with the headshock, the f5 I am looking at must be an earlier model as it has a traditional fork.

Members who have read this thread: 0