mtbr member
    Oct 2007

gemini hub and shock

What hub for gemini (9x135mm spacing) works best?
    Guess I doesn't really matter, but maybe there's something I dodn't know, since this is my 1st gemini

And I have a metel shock with 600 spring, I plan to use it for Allmnt and fr, rider wiegh ca 150 lbs
    Should I stay with this?
    Thanks

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    I'm at 180lbs, and wondering if I should go with a softer spring than the 550 that came on the fox shock. As for hub, I just have a basic Cannondale one and it's been fine. for me, though I don;t do any big air stuff.

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    Check how much sag you're getting. You'll want to sag through about 30% of the travel. You (the OP) will probably need to run minimal preload to make this happen with that spring. You may want to get a lighter spring, possibly something around 400 lbs. If you're thinking all mountain, are you thinking of running the rear end in the shorter travel configuration at times? As for hubs, anything in the appropriate size will work. Just make sure it's the QR rear (older gemini), and not a 12x135 mm thru axle (newer geminis), or 12x150 mm (gemini DH).

mtbr member
    Oct 2007

spring

Thanks a lot, I just recently build it so could take a few gentle runs and that spring seems good, I like the firm feeling, and that with some preload. All I can say is that shock is possibly not the BEST as it tends to pack and feels sor of "mushy"
    As for the hub I have 12x135mm and found a decent NS coaster.
    Now working on proper cable running and getting tips on Louise brakes which will be soon.
    Cheers
    Alex

Members who have read this thread: 0