Flash: Room for 700c wheels and road tires?- Mtbr.com
    Formerly of Kent

Flash: Room for 700c wheels and road tires?

Hey all,

Looking into getting a new hardtail to compliment the FS, and was taking a gander at the Flash (26er). As I do a good amount of road riding, I was wondering if the Flash has enough clearance to accommodate 700c x 23-25mm wheels/tires.

And yes, I have a road bike as well, but it's not the same thing. Geometry is different, etc. Want to replicate the MTB position as much as possible in training.

Thanks!

mtbr member
    700 x 23-25 is roadie skinny.

Trauma-md had Maxxis Raze's that look like they are like a 32 or 35.

http://forums.mtbr.com/showpost.php?...21&postcount=1

mtbr member
    trauma's is a 29er. i think the OP is enquiring on a 26er.

i havent tried it but i think it will fit.assuming you run skinny road tyres only.

Formerly of Kent
    Quote Originally Posted by amillmtb
    700 x 23-25 is roadie skinny.

Trauma-md had Maxxis Raze's that look like they are like a 32 or 35.

http://forums.mtbr.com/showpost.php?...21&postcount=1
    I understand this. As I previously stated, I have a road bike, have raced it a time or two in my day, and am well aware of the tire sizes commonly associated with that particular genre.

What I want to know is can I put a 700c wheel, with a 25mm tire, on a 26er Flash. While I'm not opposed to 29ers, I'm not particularly interested in buying another one (my first MTB was a GF Paragon), and as such, the link you posted is not relevant to this topic.

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Le Duke
    I understand this. As I previously stated, I have a road bike, have raced it a time or two in my day, and am well aware of the tire sizes commonly associated with that particular genre.

What I want to know is can I put a 700c wheel, with a 25mm tire, on a 26er Flash. While I'm not opposed to 29ers, I'm not particularly interested in buying another one (my first MTB was a GF Paragon), and as such, the link you posted is not relevant to this topic.
    Why don't you just get a Bad Boy.

mtbr member
    My bad, I didnt see the "(26)" part.

I guess there is only one way to find out. Take it to the LBS and ask if you can throw a wheel in. I know the dropouts are different sizes, but you should still be able to get the idea.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Can't say for sure but here is a shot with it being done on my older Giant XTC frame. I had to run a disc in the rear but I have a Pace carbon fork up front with movable canti mounts. I can squeeze a 30mm tire in the back with a little room to spare.

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    700c wheels with road tires will fit your 26" wheel Flash frame. That is exactly what a Bad Boy is. You can go as big a 32mm wide tires if I remember correctly.

Members who have read this thread: 0