mtbr member
    Aug 2012

Flash Alloy 29er 1 is assembled!!!

Well, I picked up the assembled bike today from my LBS. I will be riding on Friday with the wife, probably out at Carter Road in Lakeland. I am really excited to get on this thing. On Friday, I am going to pick out some shoes and pedals. I just had them put some nylon pedals on to get me by until I can make a decision.

Just some quick pics of the bike sitting in the garage...

mtbr member
    Nice! Love the matte black. How do you like the OPI stem? SAw it close up at an LBS and it actually looks cool. My OPI on my Bad Boy has the stem and bar as one unit, and at first I didn't like it but I'm really digging it from an aesthetic point of view. May still have to change it out for a regular stem so that I can put in an FSA Metro commuter bar.

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Thanks...I really like the bike. I will be able to get out on the trail tomorrow to get my first ride in. I do love the matte black as well. I was looking at a Carbon 3, but I am happy with what I ended up with because of the color.

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Enjoy, had mine nearly a year and love it. I also struggled with choice of carbon or alloy but after a year I can't say I'd have had more fun on the carbon. For me the extra cost just wasn't worth it.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by NickFL View Post
    Well, I picked up the assembled bike today from my LBS. I will be riding on Friday with the wife, probably out at Carter Road in Lakeland. I am really excited to get on this thing. On Friday, I am going to pick out some shoes and pedals. I just had them put some nylon pedals on to get me by until I can make a decision.

Just some quick pics of the bike sitting in the garage...

https://i126.photobucket.com/albums/...121FE63D24.jpg

https://i126.photobucket.com/albums/...12236E40C1.jpg
    Nice bike! The weight weenie in me wants to know what it weighs.

Members who have read this thread: 0