Finally full line-up 2006!!!!- Mtbr.com
Results 1 to 39 of 39
  1. #1

    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    134

    Finally full line-up 2006!!!!


  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation: pecka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    781
    Quote Originally Posted by MijnNewt
    Really nice stuff. I'm glad the RUSH is for real but since it's out I can't get the meaning of the whole Prophet SL line.

    Oh, and I dig the cranks on the "1000" models - are these FSA Afterburners MegaExo or something? I wish we had the specs for the bikes

  3. #3
    N.T
    N.T is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation: N.T's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    63
    Four models off single pivots where the only big difference is the rear end travel? Maybe Cannondale has some new engineer who only knows how a single pivot is been drawn?
    But if it works that way then it works.

  4. #4

    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    22
    and what about specifications, prices?

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation: pecka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    781
    Quote Originally Posted by N.T
    Four models off single pivots where the only big difference is the rear end travel? Maybe Cannondale has some new engineer who only knows how a single pivot is been drawn?
    But if it works that way then it works.
    I am bit surprised that they use the same swingarm acress three different models.
    I believe that it has to make the BB height pretty low on the Rush, if it's the same size that's used on the Prophet.

  6. #6
    aka baycat
    Reputation: Ryan G.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    8,480
    Rush = Superlight, what niche is the Rush for is it a light version of a Prophet?

  7. #7

    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    15
    i think it is the gemini dh but it might not be.... but it is the most amazing bike I have ever seen in my life!!!! it has the best parts and the frame is different!!! i want one!! even tho they are gonna be tons and tons of money...

  8. #8

    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    15
    SWEET!! where did u find that site!!! i love the new cannondales!

  9. #9

    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    134
    i have some prices:

    Rush from 1.899 euro (Rush 400) to for the 7.199 euro Team Replica.

    Prophet (here in the Netherlands) total of 13 different models!!;
    Prophet MX (150mm ) -> prices beginning at 3.549 to 5.699 euro (Freeride)
    Prophet 400 - 4000 (140 mm ) 6 models (prices 1.799 - 5.799 euro)
    Prophet SL De SL (120mm) has 5 models (prices 1.899 - 5.099 euro)

    Garcia has 220mm stroke; prices are not known.

  10. #10
    LA CHÈVRE
    Reputation: Dan Gerous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    9,429
    I have a road bike, a BMX, a hardtail, two all-mountain FS bikes... Maybe a Gracia is the next step for me? Probably not but it sure does look badass!

    What are the rims/wheels on the Rush/Scalpel/F-series 1000?
    Last edited by Dan Gerous; 07-22-2005 at 04:11 PM.

    DAN.GEROUS.NET : MOUNTAIN BIKING : CYCLOCROSS : ROAD :

  11. #11
    LA CHÈVRE
    Reputation: Dan Gerous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    9,429
    Quote Originally Posted by me in another thread
    Here's my idea of a future mountain lineup:

    DH new model: The Gracia with a bit more travel than the Gemini

    Freeride: Gemini, no more DH version?

    DJ: Chase

    4X: Prophet 4X with thru axle

    All-mountain/trailbike: Prophet maybe with some models with more FR components and the thru-axle swingarm.

    Enduro new model: Darwin

    XC race: Scalpel still in alu, the carbon one would be much more expensive with not much performance gain (while the road Six13 provides a smooth ride, the Scalpel has suspension to take care of that)

    Hardtail: Optimo and Furio
    Well, seems I was not too far off in my predictions from a few weeks ago (see the thread here) except I don't see a 4X Prophet and the enduro model is called the Rush...

    Cannondale, you should really hire me as a product manager!

    DAN.GEROUS.NET : MOUNTAIN BIKING : CYCLOCROSS : ROAD :

  12. #12

    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    49
    im verrry tempted to cancel my order on the prophet mx1, sell my gemini 2000 at the end of the year, and get one of the gracia bikes when they come out. thats the coolest looking bike ive ever seen.

  13. #13

    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    49
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Gerous
    Well, seems I was not too far off in my predictions from a few weeks ago (see the thread here) except I don't see a 4X Prophet and the enduro model is called the Rush...

    Cannondale, you should really hire me as a product manager!
    this is the 4x model http://www.rijwielpaleis.nl/cannonda...het1mx_gzd.htm

  14. #14
    mtbr member
    Reputation: david8613's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    1,702
    what kind of tires are they using? not all are maxxis tires....

  15. #15
    LA CHÈVRE
    Reputation: Dan Gerous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    9,429
    Quote Originally Posted by callmecobra96
    this is the 4x model
    But it's not as dedicated as the 2005 4X, it's got a front derailleur... and no Lefty!


    Quote Originally Posted by david8613
    what kind of tires are they using? not all are maxxis tires....
    As for tires, it's mostly Maxxis, some Hutchinsons and IRC on lower end models but remember these are euro-spec models, it could be different in north america...

    Also: no 1FG? There is a SS Chase tough...

    DAN.GEROUS.NET : MOUNTAIN BIKING : CYCLOCROSS : ROAD :

  16. #16

    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    49
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Gerous
    But it's not as dedicated as the 2005 4X, it's got a front derailleur... and no Lefty!
    lol i dont know why its not a single chain ring up front, maybe its just like that in the pic? and yeah, ide choose a lefty over the 36 talas i hadn't read all the bad things about them when i ordered the bike. im def gonna get the gracia instead

  17. #17
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    53
    Quote Originally Posted by MijnNewt
    Hello all!!

    On this site there are also specyfications. Look at this:
    http://www.rijwielpaleis.nl/cannondale2006/marathon.pdf
    BF

  18. #18
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    173

    Nice!

    Quote Originally Posted by bfigas
    Hello all!!

    On this site there are also specyfications. Look at this:
    http://www.rijwielpaleis.nl/cannondale2006/marathon.pdf
    BF
    Here is the index with all of the models

    http://www.rijwielpaleis.nl/cannondale2006/index2.htm

  19. #19
    mtbr member
    Reputation: pecka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    781
    Quote Originally Posted by Clutch
    Here is the index with all of the models

    http://www.rijwielpaleis.nl/cannondale2006/index2.htm
    I can't decide wheter I like more Prophet 4000 of MX1, but I know I want Rush 3000.
    Now where's my IBM stock portfolio.

  20. #20
    LA CHÈVRE
    Reputation: Dan Gerous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    9,429
    Has anyone else noticed the Prophet 2000 and 4000 have a new Lefty Max 100/140 with Travel Management? Wasn't it one thing that people wished for in the thread about how to improve the Lefty?

    No, I don't know how much it will be to upgrade the internals or if it's even possible...

    Also, goodbye cheap Cannondale rear hubs, hello DT and Shimano.

    DAN.GEROUS.NET : MOUNTAIN BIKING : CYCLOCROSS : ROAD :

  21. #21
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    62
    So then what are the major differences between the Scalpel, Rush, ProphetSL, and Prophet.

    I know the Scaplel is pure race and I wanna get another one . But what is most like the current Prophet and what are the other 2? F&R Travel, Weight, Strength, etc.

  22. #22
    LA CHÈVRE
    Reputation: Dan Gerous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    9,429
    The travel range is: the Rush has 110 mm front and rear, the Prophet SL 120 mm rear and 120 or 110 front and the regular Prophet 140 at both ends (with the fork droppable to 100 on the 2000 and 4000). The Rush should be lighter than the SL that should be lighter than the Prophet. The Rush doesn't seem to have adjustable travel as the Prophets have. So the Scalpel is the pure XC race bike, the Rush more of a marathon racing bike. The Prophets are more trail bikes, all-mountain, enduro, whatever you want to call it with the standard having more travel than the SL (I don't know if we'll get the SL here in north america), it's all about choice I guess.

    DAN.GEROUS.NET : MOUNTAIN BIKING : CYCLOCROSS : ROAD :

  23. #23
    Stewed Screwed & Tattooed
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    645
    SL's will only be available in Europe. There will be a 4X bike with a lefty as well as the single speed. Those are all European pics and spec so things will be a bit different everywhere else for paint, graphics and spec.

  24. #24
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    234
    I'm still curious about exactly what type of racing to use the Ruch for. I'm thinking about buying a new FS XC bike for next year. I had mainly been considering the 2006 Kona King (4"). Around here (far eastern Canada) FS XC bikes are king for racing, usually bikes like the Fuel, King Kikapu, NRS, Sugar, etc. I was considering a Scalpel, but for the rough trails we have around here I just don't know if 70mm of travel would cut it, and I wouldn't wanna damage the shock by bottoming it out all the time. Now I'm questioning whether the Rush might be another great option, or if it might be too much travel (110 instead of 90-100) and too heavy....hmmm I wonder what Tinker thinks about the Rush?

  25. #25

    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    49
    hey dan i saw the official pics today...they came to the shop i work at in the mail today. the mx1 and mx2 aren't 4x models. there is an 06 with the lefty, single chain ring and the same shock that the top of the line gracia bike has. cant remember what its called.

  26. #26
    mtbr member
    Reputation: pecka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    781
    Quote Originally Posted by Twiggy
    I'm still curious about exactly what type of racing to use the Ruch for. I'm thinking about buying a new FS XC bike for next year. I had mainly been considering the 2006 Kona King (4"). Around here (far eastern Canada) FS XC bikes are king for racing, usually bikes like the Fuel, King Kikapu, NRS, Sugar, etc. I was considering a Scalpel, but for the rough trails we have around here I just don't know if 70mm of travel would cut it, and I wouldn't wanna damage the shock by bottoming it out all the time. Now I'm questioning whether the Rush might be another great option, or if it might be too much travel (110 instead of 90-100) and too heavy....hmmm I wonder what Tinker thinks about the Rush?
    Singletrack claims 9.98kg/22lbs for Sauser's Rush which is basically a team replica w/ some tuned parts. So you can expect them to be sub 11kg, pretty sweet IMHO

  27. #27
    LA CHÈVRE
    Reputation: Dan Gerous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    9,429
    Quote Originally Posted by pecka
    Singletrack claims 9.98kg/22lbs for Sauser's Rush which is basically a team replica w/ some tuned parts. So you can expect them to be sub 11kg, pretty sweet IMHO
    That's quite light, but then again, Christoph is known to be a weight weenie with Cannondale's budget: custom ti-bolts everywhere, road front derailleur on a 2x9 setup, stan's alu rotor up front and sometimes a super small rotor in the back... I'd expect the released team replica Rush to be heavier than 22lbs.

    DAN.GEROUS.NET : MOUNTAIN BIKING : CYCLOCROSS : ROAD :

  28. #28
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    1,242
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Gerous
    That's quite light, but then again, Christoph is known to be a weight weenie with Cannondale's budget: custom ti-bolts everywhere, road front derailleur on a 2x9 setup, stan's alu rotor up front and sometimes a super small rotor in the back... I'd expect the released team replica Rush to be heavier than 22lbs.

    Thats right Christoph is quite a weight weenie and his regular Scalpel weighs in at 9.4kg!!

    So expect a similarly speced rush to be about 500gr or 1/2 kg heavier than a similarly speced Scalpel.

    It does seem difficult to see why there'd be a need for a Rush Prophet sl and Prophet MX.

    However i think you could look at the range as

    Race Bikes:
    F-series, Scalpel and Rush

    Enduro Bikes:
    Prophet sl and MX

    Free ride bikes
    Gemini and gracia

    DH:
    Gracia??


    I for one am glad that Cannondale has resisted the marketing temptation to go into carbon frames like Specialized has. What i see is a very sensible range of bikes for people with an emphasis on different disciplines of riding.

    I sense a Rush coming on.....

  29. #29
    mtbr member
    Reputation: pecka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    781
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Gerous
    That's quite light, but then again, Christoph is known to be a weight weenie with Cannondale's budget: custom ti-bolts everywhere, road front derailleur on a 2x9 setup, stan's alu rotor up front and sometimes a super small rotor in the back... I'd expect the released team replica Rush to be heavier than 22lbs.
    Don't forget the pressed-on stem
    I know it will be heavier, but if it will come sub 24lbs it will be really cool.
    I would love to have Prophet MX1 for general riding and Rush 3000 for those epic rides and marathon races.

  30. #30
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    171

    Rush Geometry

    Anyone have info on geometry for a size large Rush? Most interested in top tube, wheelbase and seat tube versus a size med. I can't wait for this one!
    Thanks in advance.

  31. #31
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    37

    Rush XL

    I am interested in the Rush XL geometry too...
    I have not found any photography about this but, if you check the Brad-Blog page https://thebradblog.iuplog.com/default.asp?item=91986,
    you can also see olse the photo https://thebradblog.iuplog.com/uploa...AD93_thumb.jpg
    of a Rush 2000 size L.
    I Think it will be like the Scalpel model. The same Wheel-Base ad also the same Top Tube.

  32. #32

    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    59

    New Line strategy

    Quote Originally Posted by cstdvd70e02
    I am interested in the Rush XL geometry too...
    I have not found any photography about this but, if you check the Brad-Blog page https://thebradblog.iuplog.com/default.asp?item=91986,
    you can also see olse the photo https://thebradblog.iuplog.com/uploa...AD93_thumb.jpg
    of a Rush 2000 size L.
    I Think it will be like the Scalpel model. The same Wheel-Base ad also the same Top Tube.
    Cannondale appear to be set on options again. They must have a nightmare of an inventory management system with all those variations out there. The Prophet looks like its going down the same path as Super V went back in the late 90's/2000; adding a whole bunch of "SL" versions / beefier / different/freeride etc.

  33. #33
    mtbr member
    Reputation: pecka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    781

  34. #34
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    53
    Quote Originally Posted by pecka
    Anybody knows prices for US?
    I would like to import bike from US (I'm from Poland). The difference in the price is huge. For example Scalpel Team Replica 2005 in the Europe cost about 7200 EUR. In the US the same bike cost 5000 USD. This is 2 times less. Air ticket from Poland to NY cost about 300-400 USD. It is worth to fly for bike
    Has anybody try to do this? Or anyone has other idea how to get bike from US?

    Bart

  35. #35

    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    1
    Ok I've been reviewing the line up and I like what I'm seeing but one thing stuck out at me. On the Prophet 400, the new low cost prophet model. It is about $400 less then the 600 (comming in at the same price point the 05 Jekyll took) but the only real differences is the lack of a Lefty and the brakes. Now I did a quick search on the fork on that model, Marzocchi All Mountain II, and its appears to be a $700 fork. Now I may be mistaken but isnt the Lefty on the 600 worth about the same? Meanwhile the fork on the current Jekyll is worth about $300. Either the new Prophet 400 is a amazing deal or somethings not adding up right?

    Meanwhile I walk on over to the new Rush 400 and its a bit different. The Manitou R7 Comp fork is going to be a $500 fork (my estimate.) Yet the Euro prices show the retail being 100 more then the Prophet 400 so somethng doesnt quite add up between the two. If the price does come to $1250 then the pricing fits the bike.

    On a completely seperate subject, just wanted to point out the lack of waterbottle mounts on the 06 Prophets (some speculated it would appear this year) yet it is on the Rush.
    Last edited by coyotefreek; 08-03-2005 at 03:50 AM.

  36. #36
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    173
    Quote Originally Posted by callmecobra96
    im verrry tempted to cancel my order on the prophet mx1, sell my gemini 2000 at the end of the year, and get one of the gracia bikes when they come out. thats the coolest looking bike ive ever seen.
    Just curious, when did they tell you the MX1 would be available? The only dates I've seen are european dates. My LBS didn't have a clue and when I called cannondale direct the person I got said she thought the MX was another europe only model.
    Last edited by Clutch; 08-05-2005 at 11:15 AM. Reason: piss poor grammar

  37. #37
    Stewed Screwed & Tattooed
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    645
    MX1 will be sold in the US. Your LBS' rep probably has not made it to the shop yet. They have only been selling for two weeks or so. I think it is a 1st release bike so probably late summer early fall would be a good guess on release.

  38. #38
    LA CHÈVRE
    Reputation: Dan Gerous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    9,429
    Quote Originally Posted by coyotefreek
    Ok I've been reviewing the line up and I like what I'm seeing but one thing stuck out at me. On the Prophet 400, the new low cost prophet model. It is about $400 less then the 600 (comming in at the same price point the 05 Jekyll took) but the only real differences is the lack of a Lefty and the brakes. Now I did a quick search on the fork on that model, Marzocchi All Mountain II, and its appears to be a $700 fork. Now I may be mistaken but isnt the Lefty on the 600 worth about the same? Meanwhile the fork on the current Jekyll is worth about $300. Either the new Prophet 400 is a amazing deal or somethings not adding up right?

    Meanwhile I walk on over to the new Rush 400 and its a bit different. The Manitou R7 Comp fork is going to be a $500 fork (my estimate.) Yet the Euro prices show the retail being 100 more then the Prophet 400 so somethng doesnt quite add up between the two. If the price does come to $1250 then the pricing fits the bike.

    On a completely seperate subject, just wanted to point out the lack of waterbottle mounts on the 06 Prophets (some speculated it would appear this year) yet it is on the Rush.
    Well, Cannondale are not buying the components from a dealer like us, they deal with the different companies directly so who knows what price they get on the R7 or on the Marzocchi... Also, the R7 is new this year, the Marz isn't, maybe they are putting last year's model for far less if Marz still have enough of them... And for the Leftys: they are not cheap, I think the cheapest Lefty is still more expensive than the All Mountain II...

    DAN.GEROUS.NET : MOUNTAIN BIKING : CYCLOCROSS : ROAD :

  39. #39
    Patagonia survivor
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    26

    Rear Shock

    I noticed all FS models, including Team replicas, are now equipped with the Fox RP3 shock. No more DT Swiss? I ride a Scalpel 1000 with RP3 and works fine for me. I thought the lock-out possibility was a good idea, especially for racing...

Similar Threads

  1. Trade-offs in anti-squat suspension theory
    By derby in forum Bike and Frame discussion
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 05-24-2010, 03:46 PM
  2. 2006 Marzocchi Suspension Intro - Austria
    By Photo-John in forum Downhill - Freeride
    Replies: 75
    Last Post: 09-01-2005, 09:33 AM
  3. Deer Valley Race Reports (long- 3 races:DS, SD, DH)
    By sunnyracegirl in forum Riding Passion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-26-2005, 03:36 PM
  4. Rumsfeld demands full body armor
    By Locoman in forum Apparel and Protection
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 12-12-2004, 09:37 AM
  5. I am going to install full length housing..but
    By tmccrohon in forum Brake Time
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-05-2004, 07:01 PM

Members who have read this thread: 0

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.