Results 1 to 25 of 25
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    2

    Fedback on Cannondale F4 2010

    Hello,

    Does anyone have any feedback on the F4 (2010). I am planning to pick it up but cannot find any reviews on the RST Deuce fork.

    Thanks for the help.

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    27
    JMO but i was looking at the 2010 F5 and had it on order until I found out the wait time... I looked at the F4 and F3 as well and although the pricing on the F3 was double what the F5 was it was well worth the upgrade and price. If i were you i would look into the F3 and see if it is something you can afford or save a few more dollars and get an incredible bike with a LEFTY!

    here is a link to when i got mine:

    http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.ph...hlight=F5skull

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    3
    FWIW, I LOVE mine! I have the 29er.

    Picked it up at the REI anniversary sale for $1k less than what the Flash goes for, ... that's a LOT to pay for the 'Lefty'.

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    1
    I'm loving it! I also bought it on sale from REI, the deal was too hard to pass up. It shifts well, easy to power your way up inclines and will stop you before you hit that tree in the blind spot. The RST is working well, easy to lock it out on the fly and absorbs the bumps well. (granted i would kill to have a lefty) The front brakes worked great but I had to trail my rear brake down a few long hills the break it in. (i heard others had to do this as well)
    The achilles heel would be the pedals but that's easily remedied with after markets.

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    2

    Thanks!

    Thanks for the feedback. Unfortunately I dont get the F3 here in India. The only bike with the Lefty fork is a full susp that is way out of my budget. So I think I will stick to the F4. Looks like it will work for a while before I feel the need to upgrade

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by ganpath
    Thanks for the feedback. Unfortunately I dont get the F3 here in India. The only bike with the Lefty fork is a full susp that is way out of my budget. So I think I will stick to the F4. Looks like it will work for a while before I feel the need to upgrade
    I have the F4 a few weeks now and really like it. Has anyone replaced the pedals and to what?

    ALSO

    Im having brake rub on my front disc- too much drag and Im not sure how to adjust it since Im new to hydraulic brakes. Anyone have a similar issue with brake rub ? Solutions?

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1
    I got a 2010 F4 for $825 about three weeks ago and I love it, plus it was a great deal.
    As far as pedals go, I got Crank Brothers Candy 2Ti for about $85 on Chainlove, I think it's a great place to find quality gear at reasonable prices. I know they'll post various Crank Bros and Time pedals throughout the day, you just have to wait.

    As far as the brake rub goes, I had the same problem, and here's how I solved it:
    If it's rubbing it's probably because the disc is not well centered between the pads. To fix this, loosen the mounting bolts connecting the caliper to the fork and squeeze the brake lever. Re-tighten the bolts while still holding down the lever and it should do the trick.

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation: rafab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    119
    Does anyone have info about the F4 frame? I can't find the weight of the frame on the web

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation: zenkem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    496
    Been riding my F4 since March and luv'n it...I've put it through hell to and it takes it!!! I weighed mine a couple of weeks ago at 27lbs 3oz but that's with Bombshell Fat Daddy wheels...

  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    24
    I bought a brand new 2010 F4 for $775 about two weeks ago. I really like it so far. Although still trying to get use to the wider bars and Med frame. I'm also having the brake rub issue. I will try loosening like you said and see if that helps.

  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation: zenkem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    496
    Quote Originally Posted by Tdub80
    I bought a brand new 2010 F4 for $775 about two weeks ago. I really like it so far. Although still trying to get use to the wider bars and Med frame. I'm also having the brake rub issue. I will try loosening like you said and see if that helps.

    I've been putting a business card on each side of the rotor before pulling the lever and they usually center perfectly before tightening the caliper bolts. Hopefully, by the end of the week I'll have my new SLX brakes on and won't have to deal with it anymore...

  12. #12
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    24
    Are these hyd brakes that come with them any good? Mine seems to stop fine, just figured they were lower end.

  13. #13
    mtbr member
    Reputation: zenkem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    496
    Quote Originally Posted by Tdub80
    Are these hyd brakes that come with them any good? Mine seems to stop fine, just figured they were lower end.
    Their ok, but I have found myself in situation where all they would do is control my speed and had to wait until the end of the downhill before I could come to a complete stop. When it happened I just made sure I knew what was in front of me. I never could get the back to lock up to control technical downhills.

    But I have to tell you I'm Clyde on an XL frame running 180mm up front and 160mm in the rear. My LBS has told me that 160mm on the back is to small for me...hence...time to upgrade to the SLX's (180/180)...

  14. #14
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    24
    Where is a good place to get a deal on some? I'm still new to the what and where....

  15. #15
    mtbr member
    Reputation: zenkem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    496
    Bluesky has 'em for $100 a wheel...

    http://www.blueskycycling.com/produc...--Adapters.htm

  16. #16
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    140
    Quote Originally Posted by ganpath
    Hello,

    Does anyone have any feedback on the F4 (2010). I am planning to pick it up but cannot find any reviews on the RST Deuce fork.

    Thanks for the help.
    looking at this bike myself instead of investing more coin into my GT avalanche 3.0. anyways, here's an article in MBA

    http://www.mbaction.com/ME2/dirmod.a...325260E6A6346A

  17. #17
    mtbr member
    Reputation: zenkem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    496
    Quote Originally Posted by irocss85
    looking at this bike myself instead of investing more coin into my GT avalanche 3.0. anyways, here's an article in MBA

    http://www.mbaction.com/ME2/dirmod.a...325260E6A6346A

    Yep, that's the review that sealed the deal for me...

    Has anyone taken a look at the 2011 F4??? IMO, C'dale really lowered the quality of most the components...I'm glad I have the 2010 model...

  18. #18
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    327
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkem
    Yep, that's the review that sealed the deal for me...

    Has anyone taken a look at the 2011 F4??? IMO, C'dale really lowered the quality of most the components...I'm glad I have the 2010 model...
    F4 has been discontinued.

    It is the SL2, TL2 or something like that.

  19. #19
    mtbr member
    Reputation: zenkem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    496
    Quote Originally Posted by skewe
    F4 has been discontinued.

    It is the SL2, TL2 or something like that.
    Didn't notice that, most of the SL line has mech brakes and Alivio shifters. I'm not sure I would have bought mine with those components...

  20. #20
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    327
    Yeah, the 2010 have Alivio shifters, etc

    I don't think i will ever need SLX or XT shifters cos I am not pounding the trail.

  21. #21
    mtbr member
    Reputation: zenkem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    496
    Quote Originally Posted by skewe
    Yeah, the 2010 have Alivio shifters, etc

    I don't think i will ever need SLX or XT shifters cos I am not pounding the trail.
    It's more then that, mine came with Deore shifters and they feel so much better and take less effort to operate. When they wear out I'll step up to XT or SLX...

  22. #22
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    327
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkem
    It's more then that, mine came with Deore shifters and they feel so much better and take less effort to operate. When they wear out I'll step up to XT or SLX...
    I take it back, they have Deore shifters.

    The alevie is for the front only.

  23. #23
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    13
    I have the UK version of the 2010 SL2 and it's specced to a decent standard.

    Brakes: Shimano 486
    Crank : Deore
    Shifters: SLX
    F. Deur: Deore
    R.Deur: XT
    Fork: RST Deuce 100 Air

    The US equivalent to it (F4) doesn't seem as good, methinks you guys are getting the brown end of the stick....

  24. #24
    mtbr member
    Reputation: zenkem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    496
    Quote Originally Posted by TeaTwoSugars
    I have the UK version of the 2010 SL2 and it's specced to a decent standard.

    Brakes: Shimano 486
    Crank : Deore
    Shifters: SLX
    F. Deur: Deore
    R.Deur: XT
    Fork: RST Deuce 100 Air

    The US equivalent to it (F4) doesn't seem as good, methinks you guys are getting the brown end of the stick....
    The German version as well but I happen to have the US version although it's been a fun upgrade project....

  25. #25
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    327
    Quote Originally Posted by TeaTwoSugars
    I have the UK version of the 2010 SL2 and it's specced to a decent standard.

    Brakes: Shimano 486
    Crank : Deore
    Shifters: SLX
    F. Deur: Deore
    R.Deur: XT

    Fork: RST Deuce 100 Air

    The US equivalent to it (F4) doesn't seem as good, methinks you guys are getting the brown end of the stick....
    These are upgrades compared to US version

Members who have read this thread: 0

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.