discombobulated SuperModerator
    Jun 2005

Do I have a problem?

Just curious...
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    OF COURSE YOU HAVE A PROBLEM! WHATS THE MATTER WITH YOU? You need a newer cannondale! I mean, a 5th element shock on your prophet? CMON. Go get a Rize or something, you lame-o. Oh, and if you're looking to clear one of those hooks, I can send you my address....

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    I think you have a common problem. My case is almost as severe. I know others that are much worse than you. Imagine every bike being under 2 years old!

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    great pic to show my wife, it's perfectly natural to have more than one bike!!

Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by crazylax42
    OF COURSE YOU HAVE A PROBLEM! WHATS THE MATTER WITH YOU? You need a newer cannondale! I mean, a 5th element shock on your prophet? CMON. Go get a Rize or something, you lame-o. Oh, and if you're looking to clear one of those hooks, I can send you my address....
    You know, your right, Come to think of it, the SM800 came in 91, the Prophet was next (05) . then it was the 04 Sobe, the 03 XR800 and now the 91SE2000 ----Full Circle...
    Hate to admit this in here , but I would love to have one of these :
    Ahem - In cream of course.
    CDT

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Not too much of a problem. It's better than a crack problem!! I'm at seven now, after giving a few up, but still date back to my 93 M800. And now the girlfriend is up to two here at my house!!
    I think they do tend to multiply on their own though, every year or so another one shows up here.

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    Of course you have a problem. You're running out of room! And you barely have any bikes, you need to get more! (wink,wink!)

All Lefty's, all the time Moderator
    A problem? You bet, there's a hook to the left of the Prophet that is not doing it's job..... Or is that you just need a bigger garage?
    This is a Pugs not some carbon wannabee pretzel wagon!!

- FrostyStruthers

www.mendoncyclesmith.com

Killer of Chains
    Feb 2004
    Yes you do.

You really should keep all flammable chemicals in a fire safe box.

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    i have a problem...i only have a 07' prophet.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    I see as another problem,
    You don't have them secured to your house or something. Do you have a big dog that bites bike thiefs?
    Lead by my Lefty............... right down the trail, no brakes.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris85xlt
    i have a problem...i only have a 07' prophet.
    I only have an 06 600 prophet, but I'm still working on upgrading it. So, I'm not bored with it yet. I love project bikes. Although, it worked fine when I bought it, I have taken it from 31.6 lbs to 28.2 lbs currently.

Although, I am looking at a cross bike for road/lite off road training. Would I be banished from here if I bought something other than a cdale?

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by PaintPeelinPbody
    Yes you do.

You really should keep all flammable chemicals in a fire safe box.
    I keep my flammables in an outside shed next to the house. I guess if something catches on fire in there, the outside will burn first. AND the most important, the flammables are away from my bike in the garage. I'm thinking even a small fire in Tony's garage will cause major problems with his beloved babies hanging there.

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    This Cdale stuff must be more addictive than crack! I started using last fall (built my first Cdale over the winter). Now I've started my second. It's about to cost me my job, my wife, and my home. Is there a support group somewhere, or is this it?

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    now i'm looking at a prep or a moto

mtbr member
    2 Problems I see. (1)One of those bikes has a HUGE saddle on it. (2) The garage should be insulated and temperature controlled so than you and your bikes can be comfortable while in there.

Jun 2005
    Yea that SE2000 came with it, only that and the tires are changed from stock

What flammable stuff? Freon doesnt burn....

And I have been thinking alot more of security....A neighborhood kid recently moved back in. He moves in and out, esp after 2.5 years for selling. Now I hear he's locked up again, not sure if it was 'only' possession or p/with intent....AND he stopped over about a week ago and asked my wife if he could use the sawzall. No more opening doors for anyone.
    CDT

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    Thats a question for your wife.
    You don't expect anyone here to seriously tell you that you have a problem, do you?

Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglecat
    Thats a question for your wife.
    You don't expect anyone here to seriously tell you that you have a problem, do you?
    Your probably right! Sleeping better these days?

CDT

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    get a good thick rubberized chain or cable and just thread it through all of your bikes...no one could ever get them all out of the door stuck together (right?). Just enough to deter someone without costing a ton.

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    Sleeping a bit better. Thanks. The baby is waking up only a couple of times a night. I just wish I could get at least 5 hours before he wakes up the first time.

Speaking of babies and biking, anybody have an idea what would be a good trailer to bring baby along for a ride? I like to take my son for a ride with my RUSH. I'm looking at a Burley Solo and a Chairot Cougar. The Cougar looks like the better idea.

mnt bike laws of physics
    Quote Originally Posted by citybiker
    This Cdale stuff must be more addictive than crack! I started using last fall (built my first Cdale over the winter). Now I've started my second. It's about to cost me my job, my wife, and my home. Is there a support group somewhere, or is this it?
    I laughed out loud when I read your post....is this it? Oh man, that is funny!

Thanks for that.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by rumshcawheely
    2 Problems I see. (1)One of those bikes has a HUGE saddle on it. (2) The garage should be insulated and temperature controlled so than you and your bikes can be comfortable while in there.
    Bikes aren't like wine.(my two fav things outside my family)..........they dont get better stored at controlled temps. In fact, if you store them, they get alll messed up. They are more like dogs. You need to constantly keep them active and moving around. Luckily, you dont have to clean up their poop. Well, unless you bust a hydro line.......

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by citybiker
    This is your support group...........
    but we're a mixed bag here. Some are going to tell you to do more and expand into cross and road bikes while others will say buy multiple mtn bikes for different needs. My thought is you should not be here looking at this stuff. Go out and ride.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    I keep my Rush locked up in my garage with a 3/8" hardened chain/lock because I like to leave my garage door open when I am doing chores around the house.

A ranch owner here in S. Texas that opens his ranch to the public for mtn biking/racing held a race last weekend and someone went back on Sunday night and stole his three bikes off of his porch while he and his wife were sleeping. Hope they get caught and hung from the nearest oak tree! He's missing a hammerhead and two specialized bikes.

mnt bike laws of physics
    Quote Originally Posted by jdp526
    A ranch owner here in S. Texas that opens his ranch to the public for mtn biking/racing held a race last weekend and someone went back on Sunday night and stole his three bikes off of his porch while he and his wife were sleeping. Hope they get caught and hung from the nearest oak tree! He's missing a hammerhead and two specialized bikes.
    Lowest of the low - stealing from someone who gives to the people.
    Definitely not a mountain biker....i hope.
    Don't worry about it. That person(s) will get what's coming to him.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by CdaleTony
    Yea that SE2000 came with it, only that and the tires are changed from stock

What flammable stuff? Freon doesnt burn....

And I have been thinking alot more of security....A neighborhood kid recently moved back in. He moves in and out, esp after 2.5 years for selling. Now I hear he's locked up again, not sure if it was 'only' possession or p/with intent....AND he stopped over about a week ago and asked my wife if he could use the sawzall. No more opening doors for anyone.
    CDT
    Between my wife and I we own 6 bikes, and I'm always plotting the next purchase. Drives her crazy. After I heard of all the tool shed burglaries in the county I live (and work) in (I'm a cop), I decided to move all the bikes indoors. They're scattered around 3 rooms in the house. I'm going to clean out the spare bedroom and move everything in there. Just need to get another floor-ceiling rack. That will work until we have kids.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Heh 3/8? I use a 3/4 inch grade 80 overhead steel chain to lock up my bike. its def. a deterrent. I have 2 so I can lock up at school in the same fashion. Over the top? No, I don't think so. Even If I am in the 7th safest city in the world.

Nothing sucks more than having a bike stolen... I hates it.

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    Please is it possible your wife to call my wife to explain her why this garage is more important from a new table and chairs for the garden. At least we can sit at the old ones.

How you suceed that?

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by prasinopodilato
    Please is it possible your wife to call my wife to explain her why this garage is more important from a new table and chairs for the garden. At least we can sit at the old ones.

How you suceed that?
    Point out to your wife that you can sit on both things, but the bike will allow her to go places and see nice views. Also mention how it could help her fit into that one party dress she has been looking at for two months. Then, point out the wide array of colors bikes come in. There will be one that is the color she likes.

Let me tell you about my wife and how she bought a bike.

My wife walks into the LBS and starts looking

LBS guy: "Hi, what can I help you with?"
    Wife: "I want a bike I can ride casually around in on and off road"
    LBS Guy: "OK, we have this xxxxx model, with 27 gears, etc......."
    Wife: "I really don't care about all that gear and travel stuff"
    LBS Guy: "I'm sorry, What color do yo want?"
    Wife: "Red or Blue"

My wife walks out with a blue bike...............

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ziscwg
    Bikes aren't like wine.(my two fav things outside my family)..........they dont get better stored at controlled temps. In fact, if you store them, they get alll messed up. They are more like dogs. You need to constantly keep them active and moving around. Luckily, you dont have to clean up their poop. Well, unless you bust a hydro line.......
    There's a lot to be said for being at the temperature you like while working on your bikes. Or maybe you don't do your own maintainance.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by rumshcawheely
    There's a lot to be said for being at the temperature you like while working on your bikes. Or maybe you don't do your own maintainance.
    I do work on my bike. My wife calls it my GF. I live in CA, so it's really never that cold here. Although, my garage is insulated and I have a heater.

LA CHÈVRE
    For wives/girlfriends/significant others, I suggest reading a guide called How to justify your next bike. Good tips!

DAN.GEROUS.NET : MOUNTAIN BIKING : CYCLOCROSS : ROAD :

mnt bike laws of physics
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Gerous
    For wives/girlfriends/significant others, I suggest reading a guide called How to justify your next bike. Good tips!
    Ha! That stuff is Gold. Great find!

Members who have read this thread: 0