mtbr member
    Oct 2004

Crankset for Jekyll

I have an 04 Jekyll with a Truvativ 5D Crankset. I am looking for ideas for a new crankset that is not junk like the 5D and is easy to replace?
    Thanks,
    trix

mtbr member

Crankset

I have been using a RaceFace Next LP for years and it's the best i have ever had (previous includes RF turbine and Shimano XT--also tried the new XTR and didn't like it) The new stuff from FSR is really nice as well.

Just my $.02
    The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.' --Ronald Reagan

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    The Next LP is a great crankset if 1) you can find it and 2) you can afford it. I swapped out the 5D for a Truvativ Team Stylo. Good price, feels stiffer and is half a pound lighter.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by sctrix1
    I have an 04 Jekyll with a Truvativ 5D Crankset. I am looking for ideas for a new crankset that is not junk like the 5D and is easy to replace?
    Thanks,
    trix
    I have FSA Afterburner on my '03 Jekyll, it's pretty stiff and good lookin' - I have the old matte version, the new one has a clear coat, so it isn't looking that great. I think I'll stick w/ FSA for my next crank - probably K-Force MegaExo....yumm

mtbr member
    Oct 2004

FireX SL??

[QUOTE=tshrey]The Next LP is a great crankset if 1) you can find it and 2) you can afford it. I swapped out the 5D for a Truvativ Team Stylo. Good price, feels stiffer and is half a pound lighter.[/QUOT

I was thinking about going with the Truvativ Fire X SL. I have never replaced a Crank set before, would you reccomend the lbs to do it or is it fairly easy to do yourself?
    TRIX

mtbr member
    Oct 2004

Race Face Turbine Lp?

[QUOTE=sctrix1]
    Quote Originally Posted by tshrey
    The Next LP is a great crankset if 1) you can find it and 2) you can afford it. I swapped out the 5D for a Truvativ Team Stylo. Good price, feels stiffer and is half a pound lighter.[/QUOT

I was thinking about going with the Truvativ Fire X SL. I have never replaced a Crank set before, would you reccomend the lbs to do it or is it fairly easy to do yourself?
    TRIX
    I have decided to go with a brand new 02 Race Face Turbine LP. Will I have problems with it mounting onto the Truvativ Bottom Bracket?
    TRIX