I Tried Them ALL... SuperModerator

CODA Magic cranksets - opinions?

I have a chance to buy a 1999 NOS Coda crankset, complete with the spindle and outboard bearing cups, for a deal. They look very much like the precursor to the Cannondale System Integration(Si) BB30 cranks. Are they as stiff and light?

Cannondale historians please chime-in....
    "This is a male-dominated forum... there will be lots of Testosterone sword-shaming here" ~ Kenfucius

Ridin' dirty!
    Quote Originally Posted by Zachariah View Post
    I have a chance to buy a 1999 NOS Coda crankset, complete with the spindle and outboard bearing cups, for a deal. They look very much like the precursor to the Cannondale System Integration(Si) BB30 cranks. Are they as stiff and light?

Cannondale historians please chime-in....
    I had them on my cdale back then....there was a recall on one production cycle where the crankarms de-laminated.
    You can find the affected years and/or serial numbers on cdale's website.
    Other than that they are really stiff, the cnc rings suck compared to newer one's with shifting ramps though.
    Once properly shimmed and installed they're bulletproof and were even used on cdale's high end dh rigs.
    If it wasn't for the fact that they use the old style 5 bolt bcd I would still consider using them.
    "Common sense isn't always that common!"
    Custom Prophet and Custom Delta V

mtbr member
    May 2011
    I've had these cranks since '95. They are definitely stiff and light. I've loved mine a long time...

FIRENZE rulez !!
    i have a spindle and BB external cup ... i bought to macht the SI arms ... but not possible... so i have it in my garage ...

Members who have read this thread: 1