not really a noob

New question here. cdale at interbike?

anyone have pics????
    I HATE WORK, WORK IS BAD, WORK = NO BIKE, NO BIKE = NO GOOD

mtbr member
    They were only at the dirtdemo, and you can see all the new stuff in the catalog anyway. The only real suprise was the System Six with a lefty on it, but I suspect the wrenches were bored and wanted to get some laughs with that one.

TEAM TOPEAK - ERGON
    As mentioned before....

Cannondale was only at the Dirtdemo, and had a few bikes scattered around the floor at Interbike.

All Lefty's, all the time Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by frozin
    The only real suprise was the System Six with a lefty on it, but I suspect the wrenches were bored and wanted to get some laughs with that one.

Precisely, let's nip that one in the bud. They have less than zero plans to build any roadie with a Lefty, just guys with too many toys, and apparently a bit too much time (or beer) =
    This is a Pugs not some carbon wannabee pretzel wagon!!

- FrostyStruthers

www.mendoncyclesmith.com

likes to ride bikes
    I really wish someone would do an extended review of their thoughts on the 29er. How it rode and such. I really want a 29er, and $1600 seems like a screamin' deal for a 29er with a Lefty, even if the wheels are total junk.

not really a noob
    well what the heck i wante to see some pics, darnt cannondale you have dissaponited me
    I HATE WORK, WORK IS BAD, WORK = NO BIKE, NO BIKE = NO GOOD

Stewed Screwed & Tattooed
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by rattmobbins
    I really wish someone would do an extended review of their thoughts on the 29er. How it rode and such. I really want a 29er, and $1600 seems like a screamin' deal for a 29er with a Lefty, even if the wheels are total junk.
    I demo'd a Caffeine 29'er a whole bunch. I went from a prophet MX 1 to riding the 29'er and I am having serious trouble going back. It climbs awesome, rolls over pretty much everything, jumps well, is quite nimble and is pretty much on it's way to being my sole bike that I ride. I feel quite confident on it even after going from 5 inch travel front and back to 3 inch front only. It is definaely a sweet rig and I cannot wait to buy one...

likes to ride bikes
    So how is the frame? Is it as supple and complient as steel like some have said? My one concern is that it will be too harsh like the Fisher 29ers I have ridden. That's why I have been looking into a steel 29er, but I sure love the Lefty on my Rush, and would LOVE to have a Lefty 29er!

All Lefty's, all the time Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by rattmobbins
    I sure love the Lefty on my Rush, and would LOVE to have a Lefty 29er!
    So what's stopping you? A Project 321 adapter, and you're on your way. Leftys on 29er rock! If you want compliant, you don't want a Cannondale. If you want lightning fast, nimble handling, rocket ship climbing, and a solid platform, buy a Cannondale, but comfy, they aren't (compared to steel or Ti)
    This is a Pugs not some carbon wannabee pretzel wagon!!

- FrostyStruthers

www.mendoncyclesmith.com

Feb 2004
    I think it is plenty comfortable. I can tackle as much nasty terrain and more on the 29'er than I ever did on my fully. I haven't ridden a steel frame since my BMX bike 10 years ago and I can't really compare it to that Alot of the compliance comes from those huge wheels, so no mater what the frame is made from you should have a bit of comfort just from those!

likes to ride bikes
    Quote Originally Posted by MendonCycleSmith
    So what's stopping you? A Project 321 adapter, and you're on your way. Leftys on 29er rock! If you want compliant, you don't want a Cannondale. If you want lightning fast, nimble handling, rocket ship climbing, and a solid platform, buy a Cannondale, but comfy, they aren't (compared to steel or Ti)
    Well, I don't have a 29er yet, so that is one thing stopping me from throwing a Lefty on a 29er.

The other thing is that a Mary SS (one of the bikes I'm considering) is $850+ tax at my LBS. Add $400 to $600 for a Lefty conversion, and I'm really close to the price of the Caffeine 29er. I'd rather just buy the whole bike and not have to worry about doing all the conversion crap myself.

likes to ride bikes
    oooops
    Last edited by rattmobbins; 10-06-2006 at 09:12 AM.

likes to ride bikes
    ooops
    Last edited by rattmobbins; 10-06-2006 at 09:12 AM.

likes to ride bikes
    ooooops

likes to ride bikes
    Quote Originally Posted by bad ronald
    I think it is plenty comfortable. I can tackle as much nasty terrain and more on the 29'er than I ever did on my fully. I haven't ridden a steel frame since my BMX bike 10 years ago and I can't really compare it to that Alot of the compliance comes from those huge wheels, so no mater what the frame is made from you should have a bit of comfort just from those!
    Cool man, thanks! I know the big wheels help the ride feel much more plush and compliant, but all the scandium Fishers I rode felt like crap. I was just hoping the Caffeine wasn't the same way.

Feb 2004
    Well Cannondales are inherintly better than fishers....so it is a no brainer. I used to own a GF hardtail, and well the Cannondale 29'er I have been riding kills it. I also noticed you are in ABQ. I was just there 3 weeks ago. The terrain seemed very similar to what I was riding in Arizona. My buddy killed it on a Cdale 29'er there and said hands down it was one of the best rides he has ever had on the trails we were on.

likes to ride bikes
    Very good info Ronald. Thanks!

Where all did you ride when you were here? And how have you been riding a Cdale 29er for so long? My LBS can't even get one until the end of November.

Feb 2004
    Unfortunately the only place I got to ride was from my buddy Mike's house to Stay Gold tattoo. I have seen alot of pics and gotten some info from some people on the Bear Naked Cdale team that are from ABQ. As for riding the 29'er. I have some connections with the engineer who designed it

Members who have read this thread: 0