mtbr member

Are C'dale framesets available? Or do I have to buy a complete bike?

Since I own a '10 scalpel ultimate, I would like to give the '11 a try. Most of my parts, including my carbon wheels and XX kit will swap over. I don't need to buy the complete bike. Are framesets available?

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by bikesinmud
    Since I own a '10 scalpel ultimate, I would like to give the '11 a try. Most of my parts, including my carbon wheels and XX kit will swap over. I don't need to buy the complete bike. Are framesets available?

Frames can be purchased through your Cannondale dealer (if they are available to the dealer). I actually had my LBS offer me the frame off a complete carbon flash 29er 1 on the floor. I wouldn't expect that kind of service everyday but you can order a frame from your LBS.

mtbr member
    Two shops in my town don't want to sell me anything less than the complete bike.

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Several LBS in my area offer framesets - I suppose it all comes own to demand and what is available.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick_S_Africa
    Several LBS in my area offer framesets - I suppose it all comes own to demand and what is available.
    Where u at? I'm in western canada.

mtbr member
    have you called cannondale to ask for their advice?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by turnerth
    have you called cannondale to ask for their advice?
    Yup, there gonna call me back, so I'm sitting by the phone waiting for it to ring like a love sick teenager.

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by bikesinmud
    Where u at? I'm in western canada.
    Hell, a little far away from you - South Africa, it seems like when it comes to Cannondale frames Africa is ahead of Canada

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    no problem for the frameset at my LBS ( I'm in Eu ), but it took 5 months for F1 to come in my hands

LA CHÈVRE
    I'm in Canada too and can order frames just fine... some LBS just offer better services than others. If they don't want, it's not because they can't but because they just don't want.

DAN.GEROUS.NET : MOUNTAIN BIKING : CYCLOCROSS : ROAD :

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    If you buy frameset from Cannondale dealer - will it have the same warranty as a complete bike?
    The reason I'm asking is: I've just broke swingarm on a new but unwarrantied C-dale frame, ordered new swingarm, but it still will not be covered by the warranty. I'm looking forward to buying Jekyll frame in the future and swapping all my components to the new frame if it gives me the warranty.

mtbr member
    Still waiting, I checked with another store that just started selling c'dales and he thinks he can get it to happen!

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    i got a '11 flash 29er 1 frame this month. I did order and pay for it in October and promised it by December....but it did come...lol

LA CHÈVRE
    Quote Originally Posted by arcticrobot
    If you buy frameset from Cannondale dealer - will it have the same warranty as a complete bike?
    The reason I'm asking is: I've just broke swingarm on a new but unwarrantied C-dale frame, ordered new swingarm, but it still will not be covered by the warranty. I'm looking forward to buying Jekyll frame in the future and swapping all my components to the new frame if it gives me the warranty.
    Yes, if you buy a frameset, it has the same lifetime warranty.

DAN.GEROUS.NET : MOUNTAIN BIKING : CYCLOCROSS : ROAD :

mnt bike laws of physics
    I hope it happens for you bikesinmud. I only buy frames because the complete bikes usually have nothing I want or need except for the frame. I much rather build the wheels and pick the parts (a lot of which I already have like you do). If a manufacturer doesn't sell frames only, they lost a sale from me.
    I bought a Carbon Rush frame in 2007 from a great shop...although I could have gotten a pro deal on the whole bike, the trouble of selling the parts wasn't worth it for me.

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    When I inquired about a frame only, the price was so close to the complete bike that it was just not worth it. You will be better off getting the bike and selling off the stuff you don't want or everything for that matter.

Members who have read this thread: 0