mtbr member
    Apr 2008

Cannondale Rush 4 Sl 2008 Vs Gary Fisher Hifi Pro 2008

I Am Trying To Decide Which One To Buy Between These Two Bikes. Any Suggestions And Opinions?

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    ....I may get flamed, but I'd get the Hifi Pro. I'm not a fan of the bottom rung lefty, and the hifi has a really nice feel to it. A bit less bob and more travel, too.

LA CHÈVRE
    Try both, I can't stand Fisher's Genesis geometry personnaly but some like it... And in my experience, Fishers are pretty fragile bikes and they look good on paper but in real life, they are often deceptive (build quality and durability) and apparently are not throughly tested, often having serious issues. If you don't know what I mean, look in the Fisher forum for the folding HiFi... Bad design if you ask me.

The Rush is a solid bike, reliable, trouble free, tough and performs well. Construction quality is much better than the Fisher. Plus, the Lefty is a better fork than anything you could stick on the HiFi IMO...

DAN.GEROUS.NET : MOUNTAIN BIKING : CYCLOCROSS : ROAD :

got the dhr...
    I test rode a hifi, and rode my brother old rush around my driveway. I hated the hifi. Too much XC if you ask me. The rush is confidence inspiring, so much that my brother almost raced DH on it hahaha. Also, the swingarm folds into the frame with just a little more force than it takes to bottom out the shock. The rush also looks way better, and is really strong. But for me, I would choose a prophet over those two. but then again, i would choose a rush between the two you mentioned.

Oh and P.S. Gary fisher stuff uses bontrager (crap). And He acctually DIDN'T make the first mountain bike, in case you thought he did.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Thank you. The Hifi Pro tag price is $2,980 and the Rush 4 SL $2,440. My budget are $3,000. so, I wonder if by buying the Rush 4 SL and spending an extra $500 to $600 in upgrades to make it lighter, I would be making a better deal than buying the Hifi Pro for almost $3,000. What are your suggestions about this option?

mtbr member
    Oct 2005

Test ride

You need to test ride them both and decide. They feel so much different. It will be something when you ride them you will know which one you want. I ended up with a rush 5z. But I am in no way suggesting that is the one you want.
    If you are unsure about the lefty the 5z is a great alternative fox f120. I test rode a lefty as well I would say if you like plush the fox is the ticket. But if you like things a bit stiffer (a lot of people do) the lefty is the way to go.
    I ended up at about the same price and weight as the rush 4 once I changed the wheel set and bars
    Last edited by waterfooler; 04-28-2008 at 08:43 PM.

got the dhr...
    Well, test riding is allways good. I never test rode a prophet, I sorta bought it blind. But I love thi thing so much. I mean, test riding will give you a better Idea of which one to choose, but if you want to be risky, just choose one. Like I said, I test rode a hifi, and I didn't like it, but it might just work for you or other people. Just my 2 cents though.

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by LS39
    Thank you. The Hifi Pro tag price is $2,980 and the Rush 4 SL $2,440. My budget are $3,000. so, I wonder if by buying the Rush 4 SL and spending an extra $500 to $600 in upgrades to make it lighter, I would be making a better deal than buying the Hifi Pro for almost $3,000. What are your suggestions about this option?
    sounds good, but if that is your budget then you have to get a Cannondale Rize 3 (2999). You have to. Same basic fit as rush, but feels OH so much better IMO. If you'd prefer, you could always get the Rize 4 (2300, same MSRP as Rush 4 sl) and do the upgrades.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    The Gary Fisher will be a good bike as soon as you peel the "MADE IN TAIWAN" sticker off the headtube. That's the first upgrade I did to my son's last year. Made me feel a lot better. By the way, he's on a Jekyll now. Good luck.

mtbr member
    That Hi-Fi Pro is nice. Just be sure to do your homework because at one point there were some breakage issues with the Hi-Fi's. I think Fisher has ironed those problems out, but research it. And not that it matters, but Fisher's lower-end bikes are now made in Taiwan, but I'm almost positive that Hi-Fi's are built here in the US.

Members who have read this thread: 0