mtbr member

Cannondale Question

I want to go with a Cannondale for my next bike. However, I am unsure about this lefty thing.

Is the lefty realy as strong as a standard fork??

I like xc and am riding, I am looking for a good all around rig that also can hang in a race if I choose to enter. I have a $$ limit of $2500 or more, I have my eyes on either the '08 Prophet 2 and one of the '08 Scalpel.

Any suggestions concerning these two bikes??

Any suggestions at all?

mtbr member
    The Lefty is stronger and more durable than conventional forks. The scalpel is an XC race bike and the prophet is an excellent AM bike. They are 2 completely different bikes. To get the best of both worlds you should check out the Cannondale Rize. Its got more travel than the scalpel and less than the Prophet. You can get it with a lefty or without. The Rize is light and very stiff. Hope this helps.

mtbr member
    There's also the Rush which is between the Rize and the Scalpel. But with the Scalpel's travel being increased from 67mm to 100mm, I would think that it is certainly much more capable of handling a variety of terrain.

Personally, I'd go with the Scalpel...

As for the Lefty, just scroll back through the NUMEROUS posts and topics about the Lefty on this forum. Honestly, I was skeptical of the Lefty at first but after seeing the overwhelming approval of Lefties on this forum I decided it was at least worth a shot. I've only gotten about 10 miles on my new Lefty, so the jury is still out. But from what I've seen, I don't think there's any disadvantage to the Lefty. I've heard there's a break-in period of about 100 miles or so. So I'm waiting to see how much it improves with use.

mtbr member
    Duncan1104 & Skeletor,

Thank you very much for the input. It is very helpful and I look forward to my new Cannondale purchase, which ever I choose. Thanks again guys.

Members who have read this thread: 0