siv
    mtbr member

Cannondale Demon on Youtube

Anyone see it? Is it really a future Cannodale product? Looks sick if so, well beyond my riding needs and price range im sure. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=97Pe356Q69o

Avenger of Evil
    Cool...
    But ... It looks like and industry vid designed to get a reaction on a concept. I don't think the bike acually exists. The riding portion looks like some cuts from Roam.
    Looks like a great idea.
    Famous Last Words....."Hey, watch this!!"

siv
    mtbr member
    Definetely not a real bike yet. Didnt know if it was really from Cannondale or just someone with a cool concept for a DH bike that had some Cad software.

Avenger of Evil
    Quote Originally Posted by siv
    Definetely not a real bike yet. Didnt know if it was really from Cannondale or just someone with a cool concept for a DH bike that had some Cad software.
    My thought exactly.
    If it is someone with good cad skills... The're in deep &^$^% for using the Cannondale name and logo.
    Famous Last Words....."Hey, watch this!!"

mtbr member
    "Ricardo Malachowski, who graduated from Elisava School of Design in Barcelona last year, designed this downhill bike as his graduation project in the Master of Transport Vehicle Design program. The hard points of the bike were based on the existing Cannondale Judge, but as you can see the look of the bike is all new."

Kinda wierd that he'd take the liberty of slathering that Cannondale logo all over it. Then again, since he's basing it on the Judge maybe he's just giving credit where credit is due.
    Or maybe he's hoping to get a job there.

A few links, his email address is on there so someone could email him to ask what up if desired, i guess.

http://bicycledesign.blogspot.com/20...hill-bike.html

http://www.coroflot.com/public/indiv...380&sort_by=1&

Edit - sweet looking frame and cool video regardless!
    '15 Cannondale Trigger 27.5 Carbon 2
    '05 Prophet 1000
    '09 F3
    '93 Delta V 700
    '08 F6 Lefty (son's)

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    I thought we were done w/ y-frames? eck. Kinda looks like a rip-off of Millyard racing's awesome new rig, just different styling

http://www.pinkbike.com/news/Millyar...bike-2007.html

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Is it just mean, or are the opening shots ripped off the ROAM DVD?

mtbr member
    Yeah, and some of those monster shots look like they were ripped from the Aliens movies!
    '15 Cannondale Trigger 27.5 Carbon 2
    '05 Prophet 1000
    '09 F3
    '93 Delta V 700
    '08 F6 Lefty (son's)

got the dhr...
    I hope some of you realize that almost all the footage of acctual riding in that little film is from ROAM.

Stewed Screwed & Tattooed
    Feb 2004
    The students at that school have permission to use the Cannondale name. That is where the "On" or "Jackknife" concept came from as well. As for the use of the roam footage, how much did you know about or care that you had permission to do anything when you were in College?

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by bad ronald
    The students at that school have permission to use the Cannondale name. That is where the "On" or "Jackknife" concept came from as well. As for the use of the roam footage, how much did you know about or care that you had permission to do anything when you were in College?
    umm...I'm still in college, and it's a big deal, especially if he used this video for a project in a class. Plagiarism is a huge honor code violation at pretty much every school and can get you expelled quicker than holding a kegger for freshmen.

Stewed Screwed & Tattooed
    Feb 2004
    Is this an instance of plagiarism though? It seems more like a copyright violation than anything...and besides it's a school in Spain where US or Canadian copyrights most like do not apply. The video is obviously used to emphasize what the bike is intended for and is not a representation of what this student has as far as video editing skills.

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by bad ronald
    Is this an instance of plagiarism though? It seems more like a copyright violation than anything...and besides it's a school in Spain where US or Canadian copyrights most like do not apply. The video is obviously used to emphasize what the bike is intended for and is not a representation of what this student has as far as video editing skills.
    copyright violation IS plagiarism. Don't know what the law says in Spain, but unless he atleast gives credit at the end or something, it wouldn't fly in the states.

mtbr member
    that thing looks like a bmw to me.

Cannondale Snob
    That's about the shittiest "advertisement" video I've ever seen.
    Ugly bike, insanely repetetive CAD scrolling, rip-off slogans that have nothing to do with biking, excerpts from old movies and video games....

The only thing good about it all was the ROAM footage, and the person who created this vid obviously can't take credit for any of THAT.
    '06 Cannondale Rush 1000 4" travel 27lbs
    '04 Cannondale F600 SOBE -STOLEN!
    '96 Cannondale Uber-V 6" travel 30lbs

mtbr member
    I'll defend the frame's designer saying the footage on the movie can be used as illustrative footage for the bike's purpose, no need to mention copyrights since it's not intended for commercial use, only personal. In fact, he emplies all the way it's a project for Cannondale, and if I'm fan I'd also like to put the brand I like over my product and do a mention to pay homage to them, even more if that could lead me to be known by them and give me some visibility for a possible hiring. Let's try not criticize this guy so hard, he had the best intention at least designing the project, even if just a graduation project. In a perspective change, if that was a Cannondale original project, I think many here would be drooling over it and guessing when it would be released. Fair enough, since then it would be backed up by some of the finest guys bike industry have. But also consider that this a guy may be the designer of a bike you'll ride in the future. Wish I could go that much custom: having my very own designed bike released by Cannondale and be able to ride it. Wouldn't you?

Members who have read this thread: 0