mtbr member
    May 2004

Cannodale Rush 4 Suspension and Pics?

I was looking at Cannodale Rush 4. I have a 07 Superlight. Is the Suspension basically the same. Is the Rush 4 stiff? Brake jack a problem? I can't decide between the white or clear black. Can someone post pictures of the Rush 4 or give their thoughts.

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Just got my Rush 4. Got few pics.
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mtbk66
    I was looking at Cannodale Rush 4. I have a 07 Superlight. Is the Suspension basically the same. Is the Rush 4 stiff? Brake jack a problem? I can't decide between the white or clear black. Can someone post pictures of the Rush 4 or give their thoughts.
    I have a 07 Rush 5 but its the same thing. The Rush is a very stiff bike, it was designed by Tinker to do 24 hr races. I have never experenced brake jack, Cannondale cut down on the brake jack by moving the disc tabs a little further back on the frame.

Unit 91
    All 2008 Rush's are the Rush SL frames (the difference being a support plate welded in between to boost stiffness). The Rush has always been a stiff bike a climbs awesome! Honestly, brake jack in a bike with that much travel is rather minimal compared to longer travel frames. The location of the pivot on the Rush helps to minimize whatever brake jack there may be. Good luck with your purchase! You will be very happy!
    Bikes

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    the sl frame also managed to drop approx. 300g, even with the added plate, according to cannondale

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by crazylax42
    the sl frame also managed to drop approx. 300g, even with the added plate, according to cannondale
    Really? So si it lighter than the carbon Rush then?

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by jiar577
    hey, I dunno, I'm just quoting cannondale. I've never weighed em.
    edit: another source says it's 100g. Probably more realistic, but knowing industry they're both probably wrong.

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    Don't worry man, I read it was Cannondale's info. And I don't buy it.

100g maybe

Unit 91
    Quote Originally Posted by jiar577
    No, it is not lighter then the Carbon Rush, although you can build it to be lighter. My friend has his Rush SL Frame size XL down to 24.3 pounds, while my carbon one sits at a hefty 24.6 lbs.

Bikes

mtbr member
    Yes, the rear suspension is basically the same. Some people swear by lefty (front suspension). I would go with raw, no paint chips. White may be harder to maintain. Black hides dirt and cable rub better.

Quote Originally Posted by mtbk66
    Is the Rush 4 stiff?
    How exactly you want us to determine, express, or measure frame stiffness? Are you satisfy with the answers provided here, it is "very stiff"? What does "very stiff" mean? Do you know?

To me it is as stiff as wet noodle to somebody else it is the stiffest frame out there.

I rode one from LBS on a parking lot and the frame was giving up with every pedal stroke. Is every FS bike doing it? May be...my prophet does so did my previous non-Cdale frame. I did not notice it on Kona but I probably wasn't looking too hard.

If you want a stiff frame get a DH frame with heavily tubing and suspension linkage / pivots.

Just playing advocate.

Go get one, ride, see for yourself and let us know.

p.s. You know that this is Cdale's forum, right?
    What do I know, ask the "experts"!

Members who have read this thread: 0