mtbr member
    Nov 2007

can i take a taller fork for my prophet?

Given the current speculation of thers pike's future, wouldi be able to take a 150mm to 160mm fork onto my prophet 4 frame? My one currently runs with a standard pike 426 which is the known max travel tolorence? Could my rig expand with any possible future versions of the pike?

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by prowlus
    Given the current speculation of thers pike's future, wouldi be able to take a 150mm to 160mm fork onto my prophet 4 frame? My one currently runs with a standard pike 426 which is the known max travel tolorence? Could my rig expand with any possible future versions of the pike?
    Just built my Prophet 3 up with a 150mm Sherman and I really like how it feels.

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    And no ill effects to the frame when fully extended? so which year is your p-3 a low end 08 version or the high end 07 version?

mtbr member
    Its possible that it will void the warranty. I dont know the axle to crown length of that fork so im not sure. I believe the maximum fork length for the prophet is 530mm.

got the dhr...
    ya it's 530mm. The pike is 518, so I figure you could get a 150 in there. I know that a fox 36 talas fully extended is like half an inch to big, and those are pretty tall, so I'm sure you could find a 150 that wouldn't void the warranty, but then again, 150 forks are really uncommon. You could also go for a 36 float. It has internally adjustable travel. But almost every fork can be shimmed to have less travel. or you could just say- screw the warranty.

got the dhr...
    Oh, have you tried switching to the FR shock position. Makes the fork feel much bigger. You could also make the bars feel higher, by simply putting all of your headset spacers under your stem. and there's allways riser bars, and riser stems.

It's a Sledgehammer.
    Sep 2005
    my prophet has a little sticker on the downtube stating "610mm maximum"
    where'd you get the 530 number.

got the dhr...
    Quote Originally Posted by jperson
    my prophet has a little sticker on the downtube stating "610mm maximum"
    where'd you get the 530 number.
    No, that's what your'e prophet Mx says. Mx is made to take a taller fork.

It's a Sledgehammer.
    Sep 2005
    Nah, I have an 07 prophet 2. With no gusset.

got the dhr...
    Mine (08 prophet 2) says 530 on the downtube. Just checked for the third time. I think you have the wrong sticker on your bike. I'm pretty sure that a prophet mx takes a 610 fork. You probably have a one of a kind bike

It's a Sledgehammer.
    Sep 2005
    It's possible.. esp since I got it directly from cdale friend/employee deal.
    I too have checked the sticker like 20 times

I still run the regular lefty max.

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    hi!

MX prophet max fork length is 570 mm,check the prophet manual on the last pages.

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by luseboy
    Oh, have you tried switching to the FR shock position. Makes the fork feel much bigger. You could also make the bars feel higher, by simply putting all of your headset spacers under your stem. and there's allways riser bars, and riser stems.
    Done the shock setting to FR and I've also bought a wide angle DH riser bar (FSA Gravity carbon) Would they help at all?

Members who have read this thread: 0