mtbr member
    May 2011

Bottom Bracket Specs for 2004 Jekyll 800?

I need to replace the bottom bracket on my 2004 Jekyll 800. It has the original crank, a Truvativ Isis drive. It is a 68/73mm diameter but I can't determine the spindle length. Anybody know what it is? Thanks!

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    BB sizes are dependant on the crankset, which model Truvativ chainset do you have?

http://www.sram.com/en/service/truva...D=1&subcatID=2

You could just remove it and it'll either be marked or you can just measure it...
    ...and it should be either a 68mm or 73mm BB not both, measure your frames BB to figure this out...

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Hi, Z1ppy. I was hoping to order it today, but don't have my tools handy to take off the crank and BB, so can't measure it, or read what it may say the spindle length is.
    The BB is stamped "68 mm Shell O-Ring - 73 mm Shell No O-Ring". It is a TruVativ Firex crankset, big ring says Trushift AL-7075-T6, I believe it is 22/32/44. Thanks for your help!

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    The BB is stamped "68 mm Shell O-Ring - 73 mm Shell No O-Ring".

Means absolutely nothing to me... just get a ruler/measuring tape, the BB is either 68 or 73mm across...
    Looking at the table in the bottom left of this document: http://www.sram.com/_media/techdocs/...-4arm-e-r2.pdf it seems to suggest it's going to be 113mm axle...

I'm kinda winging all this though, so cannot guarantee it's 100% correct.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Thanks very much for the link to the crank manual. I could not find it. I agree with your interpretation of the chart. Thanks!

Just returned from the USA Cycling Road Race Championship in Greenville, SC. Matthew Busche, with RadioShack, won, beating George Hincapie by about 1/2 inch.

Members who have read this thread: 0